Chapter 14- And There Was A Sleepover With the Prince

I snuggled deeper into the expensive covers, my head on top of a scented pillow. I felt myself start to drool due to the intoxicating smell as my head started to pound. I snuggled deeper into the pillow to try and stop my head from hurting.

"Mhm." I grunted out, wrapping my arm around it. It laughed, shaking as I laid on it.

Wait.

It laughed.

It laughed...

I open my eyes wide and look up to see an all but smug familiar face.

"That took you long to realize, didn't it sweetheart."

I get off of him, standing up off the bed. I stumble back, screaming so loud that it echoed throughout the bathroom on the other side of his bedroom.

Then I gasped and grabbed the bed for support, my head ringing at it's own foul sound. It hurt more any headache I've ever had before. Like a blacksmiths hammer was ramming into my head continuously.

"Annalise, you need to sit down." I easily obliged and laid back down on the extravagant bed, grabbing my head in pain. "Let me get you something to help with that."

"Why am I here?" I ask him quietly. He grumbled something and left the room to get whatever he needed. I had dozed off after the first ten minutes he was gone staring at the intricate bedpost.

"Annalise, wake up." He shook me calmly, placing a hand on my arm.

"I just wa-need sleep." I mumbled and swatted his hand away. He grabbed my shoulders and moved me so that I was sitting in an upright position. My eyes slowly peeled open to find his handsome face sitting right next to me.

"Drink," He held out a green, swampy looking glass.

"I'm not drinking that." I cross my arms like a child. "What if you are drugging me or something! Maybe that's what you did in the first place! That's why I got so drunk, you made him give me a strong drink-"

"No Annalise, I never even knew you were there until you got up on the table and started acting like a damn stripper."

"What are you talking about?"

He ran a hand over his face,"You were such a handful last night." His eyes tore away, glazing in the distance. A small smile formed as he played with his bottom lip with his teeth. I glanced down at them for a second and thought of what it would feel like to press my lips against his.

He had a light scruff covering his jaw, and I wanted to place my hands on his face, just to continue looking at him. Or possibly do more- though I knew I could never be confident enough to actually go through with it.

Wait...

"We didn't-" my eyes were wide in realization, looking at the bed and on the floor.

"Didn't what?" His lip tilted to one side.

"We didn't do you know what, right?"

"Whatever are you talking about? I don't understand what you are saying, I need you to state it more clearly." He leaned forward, cupping his ear with a smug gleam in his eyes.

I crossed my arms over my chest again and narrowed my eyes at him. I quietly whispered,"Have sex."

"What? I couldn't-"