Chapter 62- And There Was Demotis' Diary pt. 2

Annalise
*~*~*~*~*~*

I walked through the palace garden, a glass of lemonade was settled in my hands along with Demotis' diary under my dress. The smell of dew from the night's rain made the air feel fresh, and the morning sun shone harshly.

I sighed in content, I absolutely loved Damien's company- especially during the night- but having alone time was definitely essential.

Henry ran off on his new "project". He's been very secretive recently, and I haven't seen him in the past few days since school has been canceled- yet again.

Hazalen and Landon have been hanging out constantly. The two lovebirds haven't made a move on eachother yet, but it was as if they had picked back up where they started. It's not hard to tell how their past relationship might have been, and I wondered if things had been different for them if Henry and I were around at the time.

Jack has been... well, the last time I saw Jack was after the Roswell fiasco. He came to Damien's door unannounced, and somehow I knew it was him by the way he knocked ferociously without a care.  Damien shot him an icy glare in his duck boxers, but let Jack ask if I was alright.

Overall, things were looking up- besides the fact that a beautiful Princess from the desert would be back in a few months time, and King Demotis of Descuvi wanted me back on the Descuvian throne.

Fantastic!

I curled up under a tree, sipping my lemonade in content. If I wanted to prevent my enemy (aka my father) from whisking me away, I needed to learn more about him. There was no information on Descuvi in Deltora, so this was the best source possible.

Demotis
4-4-1285

Today was the best day of my life, despite the fact that the love of my life almost died.

Let me explain.

The Sol Season was just starting, and the weather had finally begun to heat up. Lillian came to Descuvi with her kingdom's shipment of ingredients and recipes for our bakeries, which she did almost every month.

"Do you have the xamba?"

"Yes."

"Towels?"

"Yes."

"Picnic basket?"

"Lil, yes!" We walked out of the back of the palace, my vision blocked by everything I was carrying. Since it was so warm in Descuvi- unlike Lillian's kingdom- she wanted to go to the beach.

"Here, let me help," her hand brushed against my skin, taking the towels off my shoulders. I felt my face heat up, and not because of the sun. I sighed, looking beside me to watch her take out her ponytail.

"Let's get a move on Demotis! The sun is only going down from here." She pointed to the waves with an excited smile. She efficiently set up the towels, ready to get in the water.

"Yes, m'lady." I replied, opening the bottle of xamba as she took off her bathing suit cover up.

"We can drink later, Demotis. Don't you want to find a siren with me?" She pulled the bottle away. I stared into her big, blue eyes and realized I needed some more to drink.

"I've already seen one. They are uglier up close." I grabbed the bottle back from her.

"Oh Demotis, loosen up."

"That's what I was trying to do until you took my bottle away."

"Then be serious!"