Chapter 3- And There Was The First Day Of School pt.2

"Peldekidike-skidde."

"What language do you speak?" My eyes widened as I heard his smooth voice, I expected it to sound rough due to his sharp features.

"Can you speak the common tongue," He rephrased, folding his arms and piercing me with his gaze. I felt uncomfortable and looked elsewhere, anywhere but his eyes.

He actually thinks I speak another language.

I composed myself," Yes, I speak that."

"Thank gods! I was going to be upset if you couldn't speak the common tongue," he tapped his finger on his chin. I looked at his ring more closely, trying to get a better view of it. "Yet, you only need to know one form of it with me."

I scoffed, my face morphing into a scowl, "Who do you think you are?"

"The person who's going to show you around school, sweetheart."

I couldn't help but laugh,"I am nobody's sweetheart. Especially not yours."

"How about we-" He cut himself off as if he realized the 'smooth lines' weren't working. Leaning up against the wall, he placed an arm above my head.

"Why did you turn my offer down?" I felt the energy between us shift. 

"Well, what do you think?" I questioned back, finding the conversation quite comical. I had a feeling this conversation wasn't going anywhere. 

"I don't know, that's why I asked you. I don't understand why you didn't want to talk differently with me."

"Hit on you?"

"Yes, wanted to be shown around the school."

Very straightforward.

"Why should I want to?" 

"Why not?" He tilted his head, face inching closer to mine. I could smell his scent around me, and I tried telling myself not to breathe in. I hated the way he smelt intoxicating, like the woods mixed with a hint of musky air.

"You shouldn't like somebody just for their looks."

"Well, what if I could give you anything you desired. Have you ever dreamed about a title or more land? How about-"

"I'm not looking for any Prince, figuratively of course," He smirked at that, "I desire a person who would treat me like a princess on the inside, no titles required."

"That's what I could do-"

"Could is not the same as will," I started my rant, and he gave me his full attention. "I don't care for land or a throne."

"Then what do you want?"

We stared at each other in silence. Nobody has ever asked me what I wanted before, so I didn't know how to answer him. I had always wanted what my mother thought was best, but I had never considered my own desires.

"For you to leave my sight." I pushed his chest, breaking our eye contact. He blinked, seeming to come out of his trance as I stormed away.