Chapter 11: Consequences

Start from the beginning

I looked up at him, confused. "I'm... I'm sorry?"

He explained, "Your antics out there today scared a lot of people, including the pro hero agencies. You'll find it hard to get into an agency after that outburst, and one of your upcoming assignments will be to find a hero agency to go to for some experience and training."

I gulped and nodded. "I understand. Thank you for your leniency. It won't happen again. I'll learn to suppress my anger and control my quirk."

Recovery Girl shook her head, "Don't suppress it. It's suppressing it that's caused it to come out in bursts like this. You have to find a way to let it out non-destructively."

"Alright... I'll try... Is the festival over?"

They both nodded, and were about to tell me who won, but then I heard the same herd of footsteps that I did last time, but this time it was much louder. Was everyone coming, like last time?

I hid myself under the covers and turned my whole body away from the door, not wanting to talk to anyone.

The door was opened quickly, and sure enough, everyone from my class was there. Not only that, my class 1-B friends were there, too! I kept the covers tightly pulled over my head as Midoriya shouted, "Alex-kun! Are you alright?"

"Why do people keep asking that? I'm the one who hurt people, not vice versa..." I said from under the covers.

"But your arm -" Uraraka started before I cut her off.

"My arm is fine." I poked my arm out from under the cover, it had almost fully regenerated at this point, my fingers just looking a little deformed as they regrew slowly.

"Why are you hiding under the covers, Alex-chan?" Tsu asked.

I turned my head part way and replied, "Because I'm ashamed. I did exactly what I wasn't supposed to do, the one thing. I had to be subdued like a child throwing a temper tantrum. And this all happened in front of the whole country."

Iida was the first to try to encourage me by declaring, "There is one good thing you have learnt about your quirk though! You're still prone to anaesthetics of sorts, and can be easily taken out of your battle form to reduce risks. Perhaps you could incorporate this into your hero costume?"

I hadn't even thought about that. Maybe there was a silver lining after all. But it didn't stop there. Surprisingly the next comment was from Kaminari.

"And also your arm has almost healed itself! Unless Recovery Girl healed you, then that means you can take a lot of damage and be fine after some rest!"

Recovery Girl then confirmed she didn't use her healing on me as she was thinking the same thing.

I finally came out from under the covers and sat up. There were no visible injuries whatsoever apart from my still healing arm.

I smiled weakly at them, "Thanks everyone... You're all too kind..."

I then noticed Bakugo standing near the back. As much as it pained me to do so, I looked over at him and apologised profusely.

"Bakugo! Please accept my sincere apology for taking out my rage on you. I don't expect forgiveness, but please -" he then interrupted me.

"Shut up and stop apologising, you damn nerd. I wanted you to fight me with everything you got and you did, so stop saying sorry. I beat you, you're still weak, stop blowing your own horn by thinking you're so strong that you can't be stopped."

He had a point. Even though he was blunt and straight to the point, he always seemed to be right. I wasn't an unstoppable force. I could be beaten. And if that was the case, could that mean there was still hope for me to be allowed to join a hero agency?