*Chapter Thirty Six*

"Alaric, why are you talking to me? You guys don't really like me anymore, remember?" She asked raising an eyebrow

"And how could anybody not like you, sweetheart?" He asks still smirking as he inches closer to her. Claire looks at him even more confused. "You're even more beautiful than in my dreams." He mutters pinching her chin lightly between his index finger and thumb.

"Klaus" She whispers in realization. She could feel the sparks flying through her nervous system at his touch. She could feel the light pull of the mating bond, it lighter than with Elijah seeing as he's in Alaric's body.

"Hello, sweetheart."

"Wha-What are you doing here?" Claire asks taking a step away from him. With him in Alaric body, the bond wasn't nearly as strong as it will be when he's in his own body. She was able to fight against it.

"I'm here for you, love" Klaus said taking a step closer to her, she continues to back away. "And I'm here for my doppelganger." He added with a shrug.

"How?" Claire asked frowning her eyebrows.

"Magic" Klaus whispers wiggling his fingers in the air. Claire rolls her eyes, he grins deeply. "Why are you walking away from me?" He asked not showing that he was hurt by her actions.

"How long have you been in Mystic Falls?" She asked. She stopped moving backwards and he inched closer to her.

"About a week." He said circling her slowly. She kept her eyes on him as much as she could without moving much. "More than enough time to see how... cozy you are with my brother, Elijah." He commented jealously.

"Why are you in Alaric's body?" She questions him. He shrugs shoving his hands in his pockets.

"I figured I'd get more information on what's going on if I can see everything first hand without giving away that I'm here." He tells her. "I don't want people to know I'm in town just yet."

"And what's stopping me from spreading the word?" Claire asked crossing her arms.

"You wouldn't sell your mate out" He said getting even closer to her.

"You have an awful lot of faith in someone you haven't met." Claire said. He smirks at at her.

"Or maybe I just know you wouldn't put your darling little Madelyn in danger" Klaus whispers to her. Claire's anger flares. She grab's Klaus by the shirt and shoves him into the janitors closet. "If you wanted to get freaky-" Before Klaus could finish Claire slams her fist into his jaw just like Elijah had taught her to produce maximum pain.

Klaus's head snaps to the side and he actually stumbles slightly. His hand shoots out to grab the wall to help stabilize himself. His other hand grabs his jaw, messaging it lightly. He looks at Claire impressed.

"Did you just threaten my daughter?" She growled glaring at him with complete fury.

"A child you had with another man" Klaus growls angrily. "Someone who isn't your mate" He spits. Claire nods before slamming her fist in his nose, breaking it instantly. He groans, instantly grabbing it as his nose began to bleed.