Chapter 17

Mackenzie was back home. She had stitches in her foot. Even though she can't walk, I still had her over. Not to babysit, just to have her over.

We were sitting in my room calmly until her phone rang.

"Hello?" She asked. Then the person said something then she started screaming. "NO! NO! NOO!" A horrifying scream. She hung up and grabbed me tight and started crying super loud.

"Mack girl, what's wrong? Is everything alright?" I asked franticly. I was about to cry myself because of how much pain she was in.

"DADDY! DADDY!!!!! NOOO!" She screamed.

"Mack tell me what happened!" I said with tears in my eyes. "I'm your boyfriend, you can tell me anything babe."

"My dad might be in heaven!" She yelled.

"Is he okay?"

"No Hayes! Hes not! His plane crashed and I don't know if he's even okay!"

I tried kissing her and she kept pushing me away.

"Stop! Stop Hayes! Take me home! Now!" She yelled.

I took my wagon and grabbed the handle and she sat in it and I wheeled her home. We didn't talk the whole time.

I held her to her door and then her mom helped her in.

"Thank you Hayes... We love you very much." Her mom said to me before closing the door with a red puffy nose and red wet eyes.

I called mack and texted her and left her voicemails to see if she was ok. She didn't respond to any. So I left her alone. How am I supposed to react to something so horrid?