Chapter 6

We ate breakfast peacefully.

"So what kind of stuff are you into?" He asked me as he scraped his plate for the last bits of egg left on it.

"I do swim and rope."

"Whats rope?"

"Roping..." I corrected. "Anyways... Its rodeo type stuff."

"Ah, that would explain why you're wearing boots."

"Yeah... What do you do? Sports wise."

"Well, I mostly do football and a lot of lacrosse."

"Sounds fun."

"So does the roping!"

We both laughed.

"Mackenzie! Let's go play outside in the backyard! I want to show you my tricks." Skylynn said as she hopped off her chair and was tugging my hand.

"Hold on we have to clean our dishes."

"I'll do that for y'all" hayes offered.

"Oh thank you."

"No problem."

Me and Skylynn walked towards the back doors. She opened one and we walked out.

"Watch this. Watch this Mackenzie."

She attempted a cartwheel.

"I used to do it and I don't know why anymore" she excused. I laughed. I gotta say she's a cute little girl.

She did a few more cartwheels until Nash came out.

"Hey Mackenzie! GUESS WHAT!" He yelled as he kept Hayes trapped inside. Hayes was banging on the door and Nash kept it shut.

"HAYES LIKE YOU A LITTLE!" Nash yelled.

"Nash! Nash! Why would you do that! Nash!" I heard muffling from Hayes.

Then Nash let go of the door and he Hayes ran out. And then the boys started wrestling right there on the patio. I picked up Skylynn and I walked inside. We went upstairs after I set her down.

"Mackenzie! Mackenzie! Let me show you my room!"

I was amazed at her room. There was swing from the ceiling and it was all pink and brown.

"Wow... You have a lot of horsies"

"Yup. I have 36 real ones."

"Where?" I laughed.

"In my room."

"Oh wow!"

She got on her rock horse and she started going back and forth. She was having a blast. She has so much energy for it being a morning.

Then Hayes walked in.

"Hey... Umm.. Sorry for Nash... He's dumb. Like I like you as a friend... I think you're cute but yeah..." He said the last part really fast.

"Its fine. Don't worry about it. Maybe we could hang out sometime?"

"Yeah." He smiled and he turned the corner and walked away.

I went back to Skylynn.

"Talking about horses, do you ride them?"

"Hmmmm. Sometimes!"

"I have a real one. Maybe you can come ride it! His name is Buddy!"

"What does he look like? Is he cute?! Or is he uuuuuuuggggly?!"

"I'll show you a picture... One sec." As I opened pictures on my iPhone. "Here he is."

Buddy is a light brown horse and his hair on his neck is light brow but the ends are very unique to me. The ombre into black.

"He's so cute! How old is he? I want to ride him!"

"He's 4 years old. I compete with him and he wins me lots of buckles and sattles and lots of money. I'll have to take you to some of my ropings sometime."

"I want to see him!"

"Maybe tomarrow you can! Tonight I have to practice because I'm leaving friday night right after I leave here to Gallup, New Mexico to rope with my cousins who live there."

"Where's New Mexico?"

"Far far away."

"Oh, let's watch tv downstairs with Nash."

She got up and she grabbed my hand and she practically drags me everywhere like a kid her age does.

We got to the living room and Nash and Hayes were sloughing back to a football game against the Giants and the Packers.

"I want to watch Disney." She demanded.

"Not right now" as Nash chewed on a chip.

"Please?!" Skylynn said louder.

"No."

She ran up to him and jumped on hs lap.

"PLEASE!" She screamed really.

"Ummm... No"

"Just let her!" Hayes budded in.

"No!"

So Hayes got up and walked me and Skylynn to the family room which has a tv too and he turned on tv and sat and watched it with us.

"RETARD" Hayes yelled across the house to Nash.

"SHUT UP. I'M TRYING TO WATCH A GAME."

I got up and went towards the front door and set my boots there then walked back.

"So are these your only siblings?" I asked Hayes.

"No, we have an older brother Will. He plays football for the Florida gators."

"Woah thats cool."

"Yeah but Skylynn is our half sister. We have different dads. But do you have any siblings?"

"Yup, I have an other sister named Addison and another older sister named RaeMarie. We call her Rae. Addison is 18 and RaeMarie is 16."

"Thats how old my brothers are!"

"For real?"

"Yeah, are you bored? You don't have to stay by Skylynn. Like we can go upstairs and play video games."

"Let's do that."