Chapter 16

"Ow! Ow! Hayes! Ouch! Hayes help! Hayes, my foots bleeding, it's a deep cut! Help me please! It hurts really bad!"

I rushed right over to mack as she lifted her self on to the dock. I helped her up and then I got out of the murky water and sat next to her.

"Let me see your foot" I asked. She showed me and looked at me with tears in her eyes. Believe me, I was about to faint, blood gushing out. I took my pants off bc that's all I had on besides boxers underneath my shorts. I wrapped her foot with my shorts and i carried her home, forgetting about what we packed to eat. It wasn't important then. I walked in and called for my mom. My mom came running and asked what was going on.

"Her foots cut really bad. It needs stitches! Let's go! Now! Like now!" I whined. My mom ran for her keys and we ran to the car. I placed Mackenzie in the back seat while I sat in the front. Still soaked from swimming, we talk as she's trying to keep in her tears.

"Hun, everything's gonna be alright sweet heart. You have me with you it's going to be okay." My mom comforted.

My mom drives up to the ER and instantly a nurse walks in and places mack in a wheel chair. The two of us, me and my mom, followed the nurse pushing Mack in the wheel chair to a room. They lay her down and ask her to un wrap her foot. How do nurses look at such gory things without even flinching or anything?

"I'm gonna call your mama" my mom said to Mackenzie.

We waited for her parents to show up.

When they showed up, her foot was already good to go. The stitches were in. They put a cast over her foot and provided her with crutches.

"My foot hurts..." She whined her her mom.

"Yeah... I know... It's happened to me a lot. Believe me."

"Where's dad?"

"He's on a business trip. He'll be back tomorrow."