Chapter 5

I had to wake up super early this morning. I woke up at 4.

I are cereal, got my nike swimsuit on, put my hair up properly. I don't like to rush things. So I took my time, I mean, i could've gotten up at 5.

2 hours passed and it was time for me to go to practice. Me and my mom walked outside and jumped in her suv and drove away.

"Are you sure you want to do this whole 6 am practice thing?" My mom asked me.

"I have too! At 8 I have to go to babysit for a family."

"Oh yeah. You didn't tell me much about it. Do they sound like good people?"

"Yeah... The kids name is Skylynn and the moms is Elizabeth."

"Did you get their last names?"

"No... But I'll get them today."

She nodded. I put my earbuds in and listened to 'Don't You Wanna Stay' by Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson.

We drove to my swim meet and when I got there, it was only me and this girl named Jessica and another girl named Jaycee.

"Hey Mackenzie! I havn't seen you in a long time!" Jaycee said. Jaycee had pink power chain braces and blonde hair with green eyes. She also had a little bit of freckles around her nose.

When Jaycee said that, it caught Jessica's attention too.

Jessica gasped, "Oh my gosh! I havn't seen you in a long time either!"

They both hugged me. Jessica was a little tall than me. I'm only 5'2. Jaycee is the same height as me. Anyways. Jessica had dark brown hair like me and green eyes also. No freckles, nothing special. Just a face.

All three of us had our swim caps on.

"Hey girls, wheres coach?" I asked.

"She'll be here soon." They said in synch.

I kept my towel wrapped around me. I was a little cold.

Soon, our coach walked in.

"Sorry girls I was late, I had to run an errand. Okay. So we left off friday with breast stroke? Okay...." As she looked at her clipboard then she looked up and noticed I was there too.

"Hey Mackenzie! Are you an early bird now too?"

"Yeah I guess" I giggled a little. I don't know why. It's not even that funny.

"Okay. Good. We will get lots done with just you three."

The three of us jumped in the water and started doing freestyle to the opposite part of the pool. Then we moved into another pool to do power kicks for 10 minutes. I hate those. Then once time was up, we went back to the pool we did free style in and we did butterfly.

Class time was up so my mom came and got me at 7:00 and we went home and she finished doing a few things and then she left for work.

I walked up my stairs and into my room and turned right to my bathroom. I took off my swimsuit and jumped in the shower for a quick cold one.

I got dressed in some jeans, my belt from my roping, my rounded boots, and a white T-shirt from a roping I did in Farmington, New Mexico. I left my hair down.

After I got dressed, I put a little bit of mascara. On my lips, I put on my pink cocoanut eos lipbalm.

Once I was done, I walked to their house. With a paper with their adress in my hands. I followed it until I got to their house. They have longest driveway I swear, though it was a nice house.

I knocked on their door and it opened to the mother.

"Hi! I'm so glad you're here! I'm Elizabeth. You don't have to call me Mrs. Floyd!" She said with a smile. "I'm Skylynn's mom! You're Mackenzie right?"

"Yup" I nodded as I said it,

"Good, come in!"

I walked in and I didn't take my shoes off because nobody had theirs off besides Skylynn and these two boys.

"SKYLYNN, NASH, HAYES! Come down here! Mackenzie is here!"

Hayes and Nash came bolting down the stairs. Like they were racing and then about to wrestle once the got to the living room.

"Boys! How rude!" Elizabeth said. Then the boys stopped.

Then Skylynn came from the office to my right. She had a crayon in her hand. I'm inferring she was coloring.

"Hi! I'm Mackenzie! You're Skylynn right?"

"Thats me! I'm coloring right now so come color with me!" As she took my hand with both of her hands and started leaning back like any kid her age would.

"I'll be leaving for work in a few minutes! So I'll see you later!" And she hugged me. Elizabeth made you feel like you had known her for years.

As me and Skylynn were coloring in their office, a boy that was younger than the other came in.

"Hi I'm Hayes." He smiled and put his hand out for me to shake it.

"Hi" and I firmly grabbed it.

"So you're the babysitter?" He asked as he took a seat in the chair across from me.

"Yeah."

"Nice. I hope we could become good friends."

"Me too" I said back.

"Wait... Don't you go to Davidson Day?" He asked me.

"Yeah. I'm in 8th grade."

"Oh me too!" He exclaimed.

I nodded. Then I looked down at my paper and started coloring again.

"Could I get you anything to eat or drink? I'm making breakfast with Nash and we have things like toast, eggs, cereal...."

"What kinds of cereal?"

"We have ummm... Frosted flakes... Cheerios... Uhhhh... Captain crunch.... Why don't you just come look."

"Skylynn are you hungry?" I asked.

"Mm hm!"

"Okay let's go eat, c'mon!"

She finished coloring the last small white spot of her paper and set down her purple crayon and jumped up.

"Let's gooooooo!" As she ran all the way to the kitchen with an arm infront of her with a fist and another on her waist, like superman.

I walked and you could here my boots kit the wooden floor.

I got to the kitchen and Hayes signaled for me to go over to him.

"Here's what we got." And no wonder why he couldn't remember all of them because he had all of them!

"I'll have frosted Cheerios."

"Ok" and grabbed a bowl and a box of cereal and started pouring it into the bowl.

"Is that enough?"

"Yeah" I said back.

Then he poured milk. It was the perfect amount. He set it on the island infront of me. After he made mine, he made eggs for himself and when he was done, sat right next to me... This kid is kinda clingy... I mean there was a lot of other chairs too.... Oh well.