Chapter 14

*mackenzie pov*

It was a bright and sunny morning and I looked over to my side to see Hayes laying right next to me. He was sleeping. I didn't know he spent the night. I guess we just fell asleep... On the same bed... In my room...

I got up and I felt a hand grasp my wrist. Then a croaky voice said, "no... Stay please."

I turned around and it was Hayes... I guess I woke him up.

"Oh... I'm sorry, did I wake you up?" I apologized.

"No... Your fine. Just lay here a bit longer." His croaky morning voice said.

I didn't lay down, I just sat on my bed with my back leaning against the head board. I sat there for about 30 minutes... Yeah a long time... And waited for him. He finally got up and asked if I wanted to spend the whole day with him.

"Sure... But I'm coming to your house tomorrow... Are you sure?" I asked him.

"Yeah. Come to my house. Then maybe you can spend the night at my house. Nash won't be home tomorrow either. He's going to LA today so we will only see him for like an hour today and not for the rest of the week. My parents are going to church and taking Skylynn. Will doesn't live there, he lives at my dads... Soooo?"

"I'll come over, let me take a shower... Well you can take a shower first if you want to."

"Do you have another shower?"

"Yeah, it's right across from my room. I'll use my room shower and you can use the hallway bathroom... Sound good?"

"Yup!"

I grabbed towels for both of us from the hall closet and have him a white one and gave my self a blue one. We walked out separate ways and started to clean our selves up. I took a 5 minute shower... I don't have to shave my legs so it cut time. Hayes was already out when I came out.

"Did you even use soap?" I asked him. His shower was pretty short.

"Yeah... I'm a guy so I don't have to worry about things like you... I didn't scrub my body with your soap because I'm not gonna smell like a girl!"

"My dad has tons of soap. You could've asked!" I laughed. Then we both laughed. It wasn't funny but oh well.

Hayes was dressed in a maroon plain shirt and some dark jeans. I was dressed in a white crop top and some high waisted shorts. I combed my hair and it dries straight when I comb it so it was wet. I put on some hightop converse was was ready to go. We walked down stairs and my mom was watching tv in the living room.

"Ma, I'm gonna go to Hayes's house, see you later."

"Okay be safe and good morning Hayes"

"Good morning" he said back and we left.

We walked down the road and it only took 5 minutes tops. He opened his front door and nobody was home, they had all gone to church.

"Whoops... Missed church" he laughed.

"Is that a good thing?" I asked

"No, but there's always next Sunday."

We walked up the stairs and took a turn for his room and when I walked in, I layed down on his bed. Just to lay down... Nothing else. But Hayes though it was for something else. He got ontop of me and started kissing me. I kissed him but sat up. My head was against the beige wall and my butt on his red pillow. He held my head with his right hand and his left on my leg. I wrapped my arms around his neck and we pretty much made-out. We paused to take a breath and then kept kissing.

I put my hand on his chest and pushed him back slowly.

"What are we doing?!" I yelled.

"Kissing..." He answered as if I didn't know what we just did.

"Hayes... We aren't even a couple..."

"But we can be." He shrugged.

"What do you mean?"

"Mackenzie, do you want to be my girlfriend?"

I bit my lip. I always do that when I'm nervous. I had this butterfly thing going on in my stomach.

"Mackenzie... Do you- will you be my girlfriend?" He asked again.

I nodded with my cheeks burning red.

"Awe... Your blushing... How cute!" He remarked,

"Stop!" I laughed. We layed down on his small twin bed and took a morning nap. When I woke up, his arm was wrapped around me and he was facing down. Like I was a teddy bear. I kidded his head after I got up and quietly and slowly took his arm off my body. I tip toed down stairs and grabbed a snack. I grabbed a bowl and poured some cheeze-it's into it.

"Mackenzie!" I heard yelling from upstairs. It was Hayes.

"Coming!" I yelled back up.

I walked up and when I got to his room he seemed a little sad.

"What's wrong?"

"When I woke up you weren't here." I said.

"I got up like 2 minutes ago. I swear. I just got hungry and got cheeze-it's, want some?"

He reached for my bowl. His hair was all messed up and had mark on his face from sleeping.

I walked up to him and I ran my fingers threw his hair. He pulled me down and kissed me.

"I love you... "

"Love you too Hayes... And yes, I will be your girlfriend."