Chapter 8

*Hayes POV*

I woke up extra early because I was gonna have a girl-friend over today. Her name is Ashley. I've liked her since.... A long time.

I didn't take a shower but just got dressed. I put on a red and white under armor shirt and some black basketball shorts. Did my hair the usual.

Ashley was coming at 9. Mackenzie comes at 8. So an hour with Mackenzie should be fine unless I end up wanting her to hangout with us. Nash wont be home because he is going to a friends house to go on vacation all week with them in California. I stayed. In a boring home.

It was 6:00 and I was just chilling around. It was hard to wait for Mackenzie to come because I wanted to eat breakfast with her. I was starving though. So to keep my appetite small, I went to the kitchen and grabbed a breakfast bar. Not a filler at all.

When Skylynn got up, my mom dressed her and did her hair cute. Skylynn then hung around with me the rest of the morning.

2 hours past and Mackenzie was finally here. She set her boots to the side of the door. Then came to the living room and sat on the couch.

"You look slick today" she complemented me.

"Thanks. You look all- um... Country."

"I know" she snickered.

"Are you hungry?"

"No but I can make you two something."

"What can you make?" I teased. "Toast? Cereal?"

"No, I can make you eggs. Just the way you like them."

"Do it"

She grabbed all the things she needed to make scrambled eggs. She cracked 4 eggs. It sizzled on the pan.

The smell of breakfast filled the air.

She slid them on a plate and squeezed ketchup on the side.

"Done" and she put the plate infront of me.

I took a scoop with my fork.

"This is actually really good!" I said.

She half-grinned.

"Skylynn, would you want some eggs?"

"Are they horse eggs?"

She looked at me confused. I winked at her to show her to lie.

"Ummm... Yeah" she smiled.

"Okay I'll have some"

She laughed. I didn't, it's just something you get used to since you live with it.

She finished cooking and slid the plate towards Skylynn. Along with ketchup.

When I was done, I washed my plate and silver wear and chilled on the couch.

Isabel finished eating and came to sit with me.

"Why are you all dressed up, you are always in pajamas."

"I don't know... I felt like looking efficient today.

She nodded and I scooted a little closer to her.

We watched some ESPN. She didn't understand it so I explained to her stuff. For some reason, it didn't annoy me. Right when the moment was right, the doorbell rang. She jumped a little.

"Who's that Hayes?"

"Ashley."

"Who's that?"

I ignored her and opened the door.

"Hey!" Ashley said.

"Hey! Come in."

Ashley walked in.

Mackenzie got up and came where me and Ashley were standing.

"Who's that?" Mackenzie asked.

"Ashley! I told you."

"Why is she here?" Mackenzie whispered in my ear.

"To hang out." I whispered back.

Ashley rolled her eyes and Mackenzie turned around and sat back on the couch.

"Who is she?" Ashley asked me.

"Mackenzie."

"Who is she. Like why is she here?"

"Oh, ummm... She's - um- i- her- her mom is good friends with mine so she just stays here during the day. She goes to davidson day too!"

"Oh... Does she live in a farm or something?"

"No. Its a ranch. She ropes."

"Okay whatever... I don't know what that is so i probably shouldn't care."

"Let's go upstairs." I suggested.

We started walking up to my room.

"You have a nice house."

"Thanks. You have a nice... Face."

"You too." She said back. It was just awkward from there.

"So um... Wanna swim?"

"I didn't bring my suit..."

"You can wear some of my clothes!"

"Okay sure." She agreed.

I gave her a tshirt and shorts. And she changed into them in the bathroom and came back. She looked cute in all the big clothes.