Chapter 10

*Hayes pov*

*7 hours later*

Ashley left, she had cheer. I'm not sure about Ashley anymore. Like when she came over, I didn't get that butterfly feeling in my tummy. I saw her as just a friend.

She's cute. That's about it.

My mom was already home and i didn't really want Mackenzie to leave. So I went up to my mom and asked if Mackenzie could eat dinner with us. She agreed and said that would be nice. Mackenzie gave me her address when me and her we're texting earlier. She asked why and I said that I just needed her address.

"Mom I'm gonna go get Mackenzie

"Okay hon" and I left,

It was 7:00 pm. The sun was dimming out and so I thought it would be nice if the two of us could walk with the sun being like that.

I walked out side with my mandels and started walking to her house. She didn't live that far so I just walked.

When I was 2 houses away from her house, I started to get butterflies like the type I used to get with Ashley. Why? Do I like Mackenzie? No, I can't, she's the babysitter. Though she is my age and goes to my school I think. I'll ask her when she comes out.

I walked up to her door and knocked. I took a deep breath in and a deep breath out. Whew...

The door opened and it was her mom.

"Hi" her mom said.

"Hi I'm Hayes, Mackenzie baby sits my little sister and I was wondering if she would like to eat dinner with us."

"She's in her room. I can take you to her room. And you can call me Evelyn."

*pronounced ev-lin*

"Okey dokey. My moms name is Elizabeth."

I didn't know what to say. My original reaction was "okay.... Cool" when she told me her name. yeah, i know thats rude but it just felt awkward. i couldve called her mrs. delahousie. Oh well.

Evelyn took me to Mackenzie's room. Her room was really clean compared to mine. When i walked in, Mackenzie was laying on her bed with her stomache to the bed. She was on her phone looking through her feed on social media.

"Hey, It's me Hayes." i told her

she jumped a little because she didnt know i was there. her mom had already closed the door and walked away.

"oh, hey" she sat up "whats up"

"i was wondering if you could eat dinner at my house tonight. actually, like right now."

"did you ask my mom?"

"yup. she said yes."

she got up and put on some white vans.

"lets go" she said

we walked out of her room and we left her house to go to mine. once we were about 5 minutes from her house, i had to apologize about ashley. like she wasnt the nicest person.

"Hey Mackenzie, im sorry about Ashley. i know she wasnt nice, im sorry."

"It's okay, i ignored it."

"And i kinda need to tell you something..."

"what?"