Chapter 9

*mackenzie POV *

Ashley didn't seem like a nice person so I just decided to stay away. The two of them were in the backyard swimming and stuff. It was obvious she liked him too and I felt jealous... Why?

No. That's wrong. I can't like the person I'm babysitting's brother. Don't get me wrong, he's cute... Makes me want to kiss him. Hayes.

Skylynn fell asleep on my lap with her head on my legs. I stroked her hair and was watching whatever Hayes left the tv on.

They came back inside all loud and i shushed them.

"Guys skylynn is sleeping."

"Sorry" Hayes apologized.

Ashley didn't even look at me. Her makeup was all running from swimming. Maybe she should try water proof. Just putting that out there. Therefore I'm not jealous of her...

Okay maybe a little... But I don't know why... Is it because of Hayes inviting her?

I walked upstairs to offer them something to eat or drink.

I knocked on his door and he said come in.

"Hey do you guys want anything to eat or drink?" I asked.

"Sparkling water please" said ashley.

"Umm-" I was interupted.

"SPARKLING WATER!" She whined.

"Well" I said "Um okay" as a good idea came into my mind and with a smirk on my face.

I walked back downstairs and walked up to Skylynn she was awake now.

"Hey Skylynn, where's your arts and crafts? I need you to help me with something."

"Um. Well. Come with me" as she curled her finger in and out. She acts like a mini adult and that's what makes it funny.

I followed her into a play room. She moved some buckets and grabbed a big one and dragged it on the carpet.

"Right here. What do you want to make?"

"Sparkling water" I said.

"For the horses?"

"No... For Ashley."

"Who's that?"

"That girl that Hayes is with."

"Okay. So what do you do?"

"Come with me... But you have to be quiet."

She nodded and followed me to the kitchen. I opened a cabinet and grabbed a plastic cup that wasn't see through. I filled it 2/3's of the cup with water.

"Hold this for me. Don't drop it!" I warned her,

I looked around the kitchen to find something that can make water fizzy. I couldn't find anything so I grabbed a can of soda and opened it and put a little of it in it.

"What are you making again?" Skylynn asked me.

"Sparkling water. Let's go back to the play room, and grab your glitter."

I carried a tray for the glitter to fall on and Skylynn held the cup with water in it.

We got to the play room and we both set down our things. I let skylynn do lost of it so it was more fun for her.

"So how do you make sparkling water?" Skylynn asked me.

"Ok grab that glitter" and she did,

"Put as much until I tell you too stop."

She kept shaking it over the cup. The exes fell on the tray and she was having a blast.

"Okay stop." I said to Skylynn.

She set the pink glitter on the tray and then I said for her to come with me back to the kitchen. I put ice in it. Then mixed it up with the glitter.

"Skylynn go upstairs and go into Hayes's room and give this to the girl in there. Okay?"

"Okay. I'll be carfu- woah! It almost fell."

"Yeah be carful! Or here I'll carry it up the stairs and you can take it into the room."

"But I want to do it."

"Yeah but you almost dropped it. You're carrying it into the room remember?"

"Oh okay."

I walked up with her then handed her the cup.

"Okay go!"

She walked in and I could hear her say "here" and then walk away. Of coarse no 'thank you' or a simple 'thanks' from Ashley the ass.

Skylynn came back out and said "I gave it to her" and right as she said that like it was on queue, I heard gagging and coughing.

It worked. Skylynn didn't know what was going on. I scooped skylynn up and ran downstairs with her as she laughed because I was running while holding her. Just like a kid would jump on a couch like they didn't do anything to seem like they'd been relaxing while what they did happened, we did just that.

I hopped on the couch.

I heard footsteps come down the stairs, and of coarse it was Ashley.

"I SAID SPARKLING WATER. THIS ISN'T SPARKLING WATER."

"Yeah it is." I said calmly to give her the 'i don't care because I'm laid back' attitude.

"NO ITS NOT!" She said like a spoiled rotten child.

"Yeah it is. Me and skylynn put glitter In it. Therefore, it's sparkling." I said spreading my hands apart like a guy at the end of a long office table would when at a meeting.

"Hmph!" And she stopped away.

"Good job skylynn." I encouraged her.

"For what?"

And I left her thinking.