chapter eighty four

"You're my girlfriend and therefore socially obligated to come." Niall smirked, leaning against my door frame as I stood on the doorstep furrowing my eyebrows.

I had hoped Niall wouldn't take advantage of his parents being away for the weekend but he had and now not ten feet from my front door was a loud and scary party, which Niall was begging me to come to.

"It's my party, I'll take care of you" he sighed, picking at the threads of a hole in his shirt as I contemplated long and hard whether or not to go. I knew he was right, he wouldn't leave my side.

"Fine" I sighed as a grin spread across his face and he took my hand, pulling me from the comfort of my house and in to his own. It wasn't as smoky as the other parties, nor as loud, people didn't seem as wild or drunk. Niall had it under control by the looks of it as his arm snaked around my waist pulling me closer to him.

"I'm gonna be able to enjoy myself now" He whispered on to my ear, pecking my cheek as he pulled me to the kitchen and gave me a glass of water.

...

The party was actually fun. Niall was dancing with me, well, we were more standing in the middle of his living room with a crowd of other people and bobbing our heads awkwardly to the music as those around us did the kind of dancing that made me cringe, grinding and everything sexual. You could neither Niall or I were very good at that. Although I'm sure Niall had done it in the past, with other girls.

"Have you ever danced like that?" I asked, leaning in to Nialls ear so he could hear me as one of his arms instinctively caught my waist, pulling me in to him. he looked over to my gaze of the girl and boy beside us before back to me and scrunching up his face.

"I used to" he said as I frowned and nodded, realising how stupid my question was. It was Niall. He hadn't always been so loyal and loving. He was once like the others.

"But I wouldn't want to do it anymore" He said, noticing my change in expression as his hands gripped my waist, lifting me up in their air and twirling me briefly before setting me back down and smiling. "Because I like to treat my lovely lady right" He teased as a smile spread across my lips and I leant in to kiss him, which he welcomed gladly.

"Niall!" I jumped away as a deep voice yelled Nialls name and we both turned to see Ryan and his usual crew smirking at us. Niall protectively pulled me closer, almost behind him as his grip got tight on me.

"What?" Niall asked bluntly as the boys laughed.

"Sounds like you don't want us here mate?" They said as Niall laughed fakely and shook his head.

"Maybe that's because I don't." Niall shot back as Ryan pouted sarcastically.

"Come and take one hit outside with us? Otherwise we wont leave." Ryan taunted as I looked at Niall wide eyed. Niall didn't drink, didn't smoke, let alone do drugs. He had to turn them down.

"One hit and you'll leave?" Niall sighed, defeated, as they nodded with a smirk and Niall turned to me. "Go upstairs and wait for me in my room." He whispered, still holding me tightly as I looked at him nervously.

"No, no, bring your girl with you." A boy next to Ryan practically demanded as Niall swung around to them and shook his head.

"No, I'm not having her around you." He spat as Ryan laughed again. He was really sarcastic and nonchalant and it brought me to a whole new level of anxious.

"Bring her." Ryan ordered, shoving past Niall and I and out to his garden as Niall sighed and pulled me in to him.

"Do not speak, smile, or even look at any of them, sit beside me and keep your head down." Niall whispered, following behind Ryan. "Don't take anything they give you, pass it straight to me." he whispered again as I nodded along.

"Niall I don't want you to take anything." I stressed looking up at me as he sighed again and pressed his lips to the top of my head.

"I've done it a few times before in situations like this, its fine." He reassured me although I knew it wasn't fine whatsoever.

Ryan and his friends sat in a circle in the middle of Nialls grass, almost all of the boys had a girl with them, dressed as if they were pole dancers, in skimpy outfits, blatantly drunk and out of it, as they sat beside their man, drinking even more.

I sat beside Niall as he pulled me tightly in to his side, our legs were pressed together and his arm was around my waist, keeping me well away from everyone as I stared down at my lap.

Ryan lit up what I presumed to be a joint and took a long drag on it before passing it around, as the rest of them copied his actions until it came to Niall, who took a quick puff and passed it over me, to the girl on the other side. Niall blew the smoke out and took a gulp of water as if it would help.

The joint was passed around for a while, I watched Niall, who most of the times faked a drag, not even letting me it touch his lips.

"Niall, your girl hasn't even touched it." Ryan smirked as Niall stiffened beside me and shook his head.

"She doesn't want it." He spoke, his fingertips subconsciously digging gently in to my waist.

"Well she'll have to compromise and bring something else to the group then." Ryan's smirk grew as his eyes scanned over me and I felt my chest tighten in the uncomfortably scene, looking away from him.

"No she wont, she's not doing anything." Niall said sternly before turning to me. "Go inside, right now." He whispered as the group started booing sarcastically and Nialls eyes grew wider with anger. "Go inside." He whispered again as I shakily complied and got up rushing inside and leaving Niall alone in the group.