Chapter Fifty-One - Trouble Town

The guitar riff to trouble town starts, and I can't help but sing along to 'stuck in speed bump city, where the only thing that's pretty is the thought of getting out.'
I'm so proud of Jake, he started off playing with hardly any fans in the smallest venues, with songs like Saffron - which I think will always be the best song to see live; the way he sings with such emotion for a girl, and for his fans, and for everyone who ever told him that he'd never make it and that his music was 'terrible'. Terrible? How can you call music, music that has brung people together, music that has helped people through their darkest times, that has inspired people to pick up their own guitars, terrible?

"That was amazing." His smile is a rare beauty, and never fails to light an inferno of charm in his flickering eyes. "I can't thank you enough for coming here with me."
"I can't thank you enough for inviting me, Jake." A laugh leaves my mouth as he pulls me into a hug, and I hear the teasing 'get in, Jake' of Jack and Tom behind us, as Jake's chuckle fills the room. We head to his dressing room, where he changes his shirt and I have to stop myself from dying because carrying all those guitars has taken it's toll on his body, and words can't even begin to describe how perfect he is - even though he's all sweaty and tired, and there's bags under his eyes and his hair is all messy. He's, well, just perfect.

"I feel like I'm living in a dream." A smile lingers in my whisper as Jake turns the light off from his side of the small double bed. We have no choice but to cuddle up to eachother, or else we'd fall onto the floor, so Jake's arms find their, almost, usual place round my waist.
"That's how I've been feeling for the last six months." I hear the smile in his voice, and I look up to find him looking back down at me, a feeling that sends the best feeling of nervousness throughout my body. These six months have been the best of my life, and spending half a year with Jake has made me realise just how much I care about him. I love him with all my heart, no one else has ever made me feel this way.