Chapter Twenty-Eight - Can't Pretend

I awake, unsure of just when I went to sleep. Jake taps my shoulder.

"Katie, come on. We need to get going." I hear the smile in his voice.

"What time is it?" I groan, rolling around to face him.

"Just gone half six, love." He winks.

I rub my eyes. "Okay, I'll get up in five minutes."

"I need you to get up now." Jake chuckles.

"I said five more minutes." I laugh.

All of a sudden, Jake picks me up and walks as far away from the bed as he can, the sudden movement making me dizzy. I've had six hours sleep.

"It should be illegal to be awake this early." I laugh, my hands round Jake's neck.

"Well, we're breaking the law." He whispers, his hoarse breath grazing my ear as he sets me down.

"Ha," I place my hands flat on his chest. "There's no one here to catch us." I smirk as we share a hungry kiss.

"Katie, no. We can't be late this time." Jake moves my fast-moving hands away from undoing his shirt and I look up at him with innocent eyes, making him chuckle.

"Fine." I sigh jokingly and walk to the wardrobe, pulling out clothes.

I wear shorts, tights and grey vans, along with my grey silky tank top with one of Jake's jackets over the top. My hair is up in a ponytail, and I wear minimal makeup.

"Ready?" Jake asks twenty minutes later, just as I'm finishing my mascara.

"Yep." I smile, walking over to him as he wraps his arms round my waist. I place my hands on his shoulders. Suddenly, Jake smiles, and rushes into the other room, mumbling something along the lines of "stay right there."

Suddenly, the delicate chime of music comes from the stereo in the other room, and I'm confused as Jake runs back in.

"What are you doing?" I ask as he looks down at me. One of his hands is on my waist and the other works it's way into mine, our fingers intertwining.

"Dance with me." He grins, as Can't Pretend by Tom Odell starts to play.

I nod, blushing, as I place my spare hand on his shoulder. We both smile as we dance, swaying and Jake twirls me round occasionally.

'Feel our bodies grow, and our souls they blend. Yeah, love, I hope you know, how much my heart depends.'

Jake's eyes meet mine as we dance, and he cracks a boyish smile, making me fall in love with him even more.

"I guess that's love, I can't pretend." He sings under his breath, his voice hoarse on my neck.

- - -

thanks for all the support everyone, you're all fantabulous <3