Chapter Seven - Nottingham

A/N: Nearly 600 reads? I'm flattered guys, honestly, thank you so much<3

- - -

"Katie.." A gentle voice whispers. I groan, turning my back to the cheerful greeting. It's too early. "Come on, wake up. We're leaving soon," he laughs. I feel circles being traces on my back and I can't help but smile.

"I don't wanna wake up," I roll onto my stomach, groaning again.

My eyes instantly widen and I feel severely awake as Jake starts to place kisses on the nape of my neck.

"Stop it," I laugh and sit up with my legs crossed. Jake takes both my cheeks in his hands and kisses me, and I feel very awake in that minute.

Today, we go to Nottingham.

I shower, throw on some clothes, and grab my suitcase. Jake had somehow gotten a car and was busy loading my other bags into the back. Rushing, I eat breakfast and prepare myself for the journey ahead.

"Ready?" Jake looks at me cautiously as I stare back at the house. I'm not even going to be gone that long, but I was going to miss the house.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I laugh as we both get in the car.

Surprisingly, I sleep for most of the journey - the remainder was spent laughing at one of Jake's stupid jokes, or being lost in conversation.

"So..what do you do?" Jake asks as he focuses on the road, his face lined with concentration.

"Oh, I..um" I blush, feeling stupid. "I'd like to get into Performing Arts,"

"Can you sing?" He looks at me, eyebrows raised.

"I dunno," I shrug, my cheeks pink by now.

"Could you sing now?"

I shift uncomfortably. "I won't be as good as you,"

"Stop doubting yourself," Jake holds one of my hands.

So we sing, one of Jake's favourite oasis songs, and it's perfect.

"You're really good," Jake smiles once we're finished.

"Would you mind if I called Hannah and Alice?" I sigh, this car journey is going to be the death of me.

"Course not," Jake grins, his hand resting on my leg.

Alice picks up the phone almost instantly, making me jump at her sudden greeting.

"Hey!" She sings happily.

"Hi," I smile, glad to be able to escape the confinement of the car for a while. "Are you with Hannah?"

"Yeah, you're on speaker by the way,"

"You too," I smile, clicking the button and hoping Jake won't mind. "So what's uni like?"

"Horrible,"

"Aw man," I say, missing my best friends like crazy.

"But two new boys just joined our classes, which makes it a little better!"

Jake looks at me, eyebrows raised and head tilted as if to say 'do not make any mistake right now' and I can't help but laugh loudly at him. He laughs too.

"Are you okay?" Alice asks, wary at the sudden outburst of laughter.

"Yeah, sorry." I shoot Jake the same look, and fail, which makes him guffaw and start laughing again. "Jake's making me laugh,"

"Are you in Nottingham yet?"

"Nope," I sigh. "Car journeys are the worst."

"Well, we'll let you two get on with it. Besides, we need to study before we get distracted with these new boys!" Alice jokes, making us all laugh.