Chapter Twenty - Returns

"Good afternoon!" I sing, making my way into The Coffee House.

"It is a very good afternoon indeed." Phoebe smiles, handing me a piece of paper.

I read it. 'Look in the back room - Jake x'

"Is this real?" I ask, wary of expressing my feelings.

"Honestly." Phoebe shakes her head. "Delivered this morning."

"Really?" I ask. "Can I go now?"

"Of course," she unlocks the door to the back.

Making my way through to the room, I squint to see the dim light. There's the usual table and chairs there, but, through candlelight, I can make out a silhouette on the table. On the table are the most beautiful, rich, red roses I've ever seen.

"Oh my goodness." I say out loud. Then, tucked inside the roses is another note.

'Now, look at your bracelet. Think of me. - Jake x'

So, I do. I stare at the gold bracelet, and I squeeze my eyes together. Every thought in my head is Jake, but nothing is happening. Maybe this was a prank. I knew it.

Suddenly, a cold gust of wind blows all light from the candles. Darkness surrounds me, making me wary and vulnerable of my surroundings. Composing myself for whatever is going to happen, I begin to breathe deeply.

"Breathe. In and out. In, and out." I think to myself.

Someone's hand touches me, familiar strong arms wrapping round me.

"Oh my god!" I whisper.

"I missed you so much, Katie." He whispers in my ear, sending chills up my spine.

I turn around, the sight in front of me is enough to bring me to tears. It's Jake, my Jake.

"I love you," we both say, a single happy tear rolling down my cheek as we hug. With Jake's arms around me again, I feel a sense of completeness, like I'd been empty without him.

"I can't believe you're here," I say, holding both his hands in mine.

"This is the best day of my life," he whispers, hugging me again.

"Mine too." We break away and share a kiss. I savour the moment as if is is the last time I am ever going to feel his lips upon mine.

"You need to get back to work." Jake takes me by the hand and leads me back out to the main room, where Phoebe is standing. My heart sinks as I know that the last hours of my shift are going to feel like an eternity.

"Go on then, take the rest of the day off." Phoebe laughs, trying to play cool. "I can't believe he's here!" She mouths at me silently once Jake's back is turned.

"Are you sure?" I ask, looking around at the crowds of people sitting at tables, chatting and laughing over cups of hot drink.

"Of course," Phoebe grins, looking as if she's about to faint at any moment. I wink at Jake, hinting that Phoebe likes him, and he grins too.

"Thank you." Jake chuckles, pulling Phoebe into a hug, to which she just about dies.

I wave a little at Phoebe, who can't stop smiling, as we leave the building.

"I've missed you." I laugh out of pure joy as we walk, hand in hand. Jake looks a lot better, the bags underneath his eyes have near enough disappeared, and he laughs a lot more too, which makes me smile. I love him.

"Katie?" He says, making me jump. I was too lost in Jakeland to pay attention, and my cheeks burn pink.

"Sorry, what did you say?"

He chuckles. "I asked if your parents were home."

"Oh, um.." My mind goes blank, and I avoid his gaze for a second so that I can think. "Yeah, I think they are."

And my thoughts are confirmed as we walk up the stone pathway to the house, and I press the doorway once.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I ask, looking up at a nervous Jake.

"Yep." He nods, looking down at me and smiling. I exhale nervously, awaiting the moment the door will open.

"Hi!" My mother opens the door, smiling.

"Hey," I lead jake inside, avoiding eye contact with either of them.

"It's great to meet you." Jake flashes his loveable smile at my mother.

"Do you want to go upstairs?" I mouth at Jake when he finally glances over at me from chatting with my mother. They've been talking for an hour now.

"I don't mind." He smiles, mouthing back.

"Mum, is it okay if we go upstairs?"

"Sure," my mum grins back. "It's great meeting you, Jake."

"Yeah, it's great to meet you too." Jake grins as I practically drag him from the room.

"Jake, I think my mum likes you more than she likes me." I laugh once we're in the shelter of my room.

"Well, what can I say?" Jake smirks, to which I playfully hit him.

"I'm her daughter, you know!"

"She loves me more!" Jake pokes his tongue out at me for a second, but the pulls me into one of his heart-stopping kisses.

- - -

Hi, everyone! Before I start, I'd like to say thanks for 5k reads! 5000 is unreal! Thank you so much ♡

It's Tuesday, I know I normally update on Wednesday or Saturday but I wanted to tell you guys some things about my writing and what's going on -

I'm carrying on with this story, and I don't plan on finishing it any time soon, so you're all stuck with me until then! :)

I've started a One Shot book, a place where you can request cute little chapters with your favourite people and I'll happily write them!

And another fanfiction - I've decided to start an Alex Turner fanfiction which should be up and running in the next few days! ♡

Thank you all so much for reading, voting and commenting, I love you so much ♡

Any questions or just want a general chat? Inbox me or comment here :)

So, until Saturday, goodbye! I love you and cant thank you enough for how happy you make me ♡♡