Right before it would hit the 'ramp' Steven bailed and watched it shatter to pieces.

Will heard something about equations as he walked up to the two.

"Someone care to explain why Steven almost became a human bean bag." He asked. No one but him noticed Lapis watching overhead.

"Well Steven wanted my help to make a spaceship. So I showed him the barn and we made that." He said meeting to the broken pieces of wood and wheels.

"And what, pray tell was that supposed to be." Quasar asked.

"A spaceship." Greg asked sheepishly.

"Uh huh." Will said, not impressed with it.

Steven then got back up to the rest of them and said good morning to him.

Why did he get a weird sense of deja Vu and creeps when he said that.

"Did you really think this was going to work." Pearl said as she went up to the crudely drawn rocket an the chalkboard. Greg and Steven simply shrugged.

"Look. You need smooth curved surfaces. Or your never going to get enough speed to break Earth's gravitational pull." She said as she draw a basic shape.

"Or engines strong enough to push you all the way." Will said.

"Swept back wings for supersonic flight, a pressurized cockpit with ejector seat." Pearl started rambling.

Steven got a worrying smile on his face.

"I vote rockets." Steven yelled.

"Wo so so, were not talking about actually building something like this are we." Greg said.

"Seems she thought so." Quasar said in Will's ear.

"What, that would be ridiculous. Of course not." She said.

"Oi, what did you say about propulsion based." Will said.

"I'm simply pointing out the flaws in physical propulsion." She said.

"Let me have a go at it." Will said. He walked up to the chalkboard and erased the other side.

"Ok we'll need to start off with a sturdy frame, otherwise this thing will break apart before it gets to orbit." (Do I hear foreshadowing).

"Well want wings in case it needs to fly in atmosphere."

"Don't forget propulsion." Quasar added.

"Right. Nuclear fusion drive seems to be the safest way to power this." Will said.

"But impulse engines would be an option to." Quasar said.

"Yeah but they're a lot more dangerous and complicated." He said back.

"We'll need some kind of communications system." Quasar said.

"But we might want to make the engines tumble for maneuverability." Will said.

Will was drawing as they were talking. It was a pointed design with more mass at the back. It was wide of sharp and longer angles. There were 2 fixed thrusters at the back. The swept wings were thick to hold 2 gimble thrusters. And to top it off a 2 inch thick transparent Aluminum cockpit window was at the front.

"I think that looks good." They said together.

Will ask Quasar looked back to see the three looking at them. Steven had stars in his eyes, Greg was nervous and Pearl was staring at it in thought.

"The armored hull was a great idea. The angular design is a bit crude, but effective and the power plant is sufficient." Pearl said.

"Did we just get a compliment." Quasar said.