112: "Family Ties"

"You are cold."

"You sound like I hurt your feelings. Sad that I thought you had grown Pharaoh, " Amenie shook his head.

"This is why Naeem is like this. You took him under your wing too much. "

"The best thing you ever did. You are welcome, I know it might be hard for you to say thank you. "

"Father! " Khai turned around.

"Just as I spoke your name. My son what is the matter? "

"Amenie, " Naeem greeted.

"My young prince. Happy to see you doing well. "

"I try my best. " Naeem replied to Amenie before turning to his father. "Oh Father, you do have to day to spend? "

Amenie raised his eyebrows. "Do you have anything to do My Lord? "

"Amenie, could Father have some time today. He promised to spar with Rahshida and I. It has been forever. "

"Ahh for you My Prince of course My Lord has the time. " 

"I wonder if I am not in charge here, " Khai sighed.

"Well... Amenie keeps you on track so that explains it all right Father? "

"You are cold. "

"It is rather warm My Lord. Are you doing well?" Amenie teased.

"You sound like I hurt your feelings Father, " Naeem laughed.

"My Lord, have you heard such words before or am I the only one? "

"You two should stay apart. The similarities are terrible...let us go Naeem. " Khai pulled Naeem away.

"You know I only joke with you Father. Amenie is a great teacher. "

"Yes My Prince. Sing my Praises to your Father. " Amenie called out.

"I said you two should stay apart. "

Naeem laughed as his Father pulled him a long. Glancing back he waved to Amenie.

"My Prince, it has been an honour to watch you grow and to have such a bond with you. "

~~~~~~~~~~

"

Mother you so good at this, " Safiyah admired her mother's weaving.

"My love I wish you knew, " Kiya sighed.

"Ahh My Queen is still struggling" Nathifa teased.

"Nathifa acknowledge the Queen's hard work," Rada added.

" I am happy you could watch me struggle my daughter. I do feel better , in comparison mine looks like Rada's work. "

"Mother, " Safiyah nudged her mother playfully.

"My dear, " Kiya laughed. " Of course you will be better than me. You will be the best in this house. " Kiya paused. "Next to Rada of course."

"Does My Queen praise me? I am honored. "

"The young Princess will be just like My Queen, " Nathifa smiled.

"I want that, " Safiyah ran over to her mother  before wrapping her arms around her. "I know you will see me grow up and be just like you. "

"So you will grow your hair and look just like your mother too? "

"Just like you with my short hair. "

"Of course My daughter. My eyes will always see you. "

~~~~~~~~~~

"This terrible chill went through my body, " Therois placed her cup down suddenly.

"I wonder what is treading on the will of my dear wife, " Khenti shook his head.

The final peace in the household brought Khenti back on terms with his wife and daughter.

"It felt that a robbery of my will. "

"Hmm, " Zahara sighed sharply.

"And daughter what is robbing you? " Khenti's gaze landed on his daughter.

" What is left to rob but my spirit father. Shall you watch it leave my body? There is nothing left to take from me. "

"Zahara, " Therois said firmly.

"I am no longer hungry. May I leave please... Father? "

"Seems I felt the withered will of my own daughter being treaded on through the wind. "