90: " Touch- The Second "

Kiya briskly walked pass Khai the third time for the evening now with Re sitting proudly on her shoulder. She made occasional glances and small waves that might have gone unnoticed if his eyes had not shifted to her during that moment. His eyes followed her as she disappeared down the hall. His gaze then bounced around to room to find something to focus on. Unable to get her off his mind, he followed in her steps.

He leaned on the door frame as she went inside the room and he folded his arms. She turned on her heels to face him and cocked her head to the side raising her eyebrows. With slightly widened eyes asking him if he need something from her even though no words were uttered.
He pushed himself from his post and walked towards her. With only a breath of a distance between them he rested his head on hers. A smile made a short appearance on her lips as she sighed at his actions behaving like the tease she knew him as.
With her hands coming up between him she pushed him away.

He sighed only lowering his eyes at her.

"Intentions? " She broke the silence.

"Whatever you would like it to be... " He trialled off.

"Oh so we are going in that direction." She paused for a short moment. "I would rather not, " followed right behind.

He had no reaction as he turned his back in that same moment.

She pulled him back. "I know I know but... " She trailed off and forgot about the rest of the sentence when she gave him a quick kiss. His expression softened and she stepped back slowly letting his hand escape her grasp.

He left without a word but she did not need to hear them from him to make things harder than they were.

~~~~~~~~~

It seemed as if she went by him a million times everyday even if it was just once or twice. He would approach her everytime she captured his attention, which was always.

"Love, " He held onto her.

"Is something wrong? " Kiya asked.

He withered down within himself.

"No but... " He struggled to get his words together. "No " He settled down with his previous thought. He kept her lingering with him for a while. "I am struggling. "

"What happened? " She asked clearly concerned.

"Concerned... As you should be, " He mumbled under his breath. "It is fine, " He resorted. "I apologize for keeping you. We can talk another time. " He leaned in for a kiss but she moved to side and gave him quick peck on his cheek before she moved off. He groaned as he slouched into his despair.

"Days, days, days and days, " He muttered on and on.

Kiya's P.O.V

"You have been behaving...strangely. I picked that up."

"I do not think that anything had changed in how I behave."

"Let me be clearer then. You are behaving differently around me."

"You? Really?"

"Yes and I would like to know what I did."

"But you did not do anything."

"Uhh!" I grunted in frustration.

I have no idea how I could explain to him. About the situation I am in. It is best not to overthink things and carry things around and around but I did not want to ruin the peace of mind.

"It is all in the way you move. For days now," He sighed.

"You did nothing wrong, " I reached out and held his hand. "We have something and being close makes it come out and the simplest things can trigger it and then one thing leads to another and I keep remembering... "

"No! I know what this is, " He covered his face with his free hand. "How could I be this clueless? " He turned to look at me. "I would never force you to do anything you do not want to do. It really missed me that what he said was still on your mind. "

"It just stops me for moving the way I want and I do not like that... "I trailed off. " Because I miss you, " I nudged him playfully. "If anything should happen the complications scare me. I do not know if I could survive that ordeal once more. "

"I know. "He pulled me into a hug. " You are such a wonderful mother so concerned for the health of our children who are not even made yet. "

"Do not make me cry can you not see I am trying to make this as light hearted as possible. "

"What? I thought that was quite light hearted. "

"Stop calling me great, I am still filled with feelings, " I pouted and released his hand.

He pulled me into a hug. " I support you. After what you went through, I would never want to put you in that position again. So if that means giving you space-"

Putting my hand over his hand, " No, " I cut him off. " That is not what I want. I just do not want to be plagued with thoughts of you staring at me too long. " He tried to hold back a laugh.

"It is mean that you are laughing in such a situation. "

"No no I would never. " He paused and he lowered his eyes at me. " I know you want me almost as much as I want you. "

"I could have choked just now. Do you not have something important to do Pharaoh? " I pushed him away.

"I wish it would be you. "

"Leave! "

" You have been pushing me so much these days! I am sorry," He laughed

" No you are not. "

" I meant it but I did not. "

" You are digging a hole for yourself. "

" You are right. "

"Go, " I interjected.

"Fine, get rid of me. "

I could not help but laugh. He was still the same.