32: " Messenger "

"Are you going to be angry like this all day My Lady? You will age faster with all that unnecessary stress."

"Why are you worrying about me when I did this to you."

"The words have not left you have they?"Nathifa sighed.

"It is not something that goes away. It just replays in my mind and I just hear his voice every time I close my eyes."

"It was anger. I am sure it was not meant."

"He looked me straight in the eyes. If they wanted to kill you,you would he dead. That is what he said and I guess I know that but it was how he said it to me. I started crying and I did not even realize."

"Well there are no words to tell you how much I appreciate how much you fought for me. It doesn't matter if they decided to let us go,you fought for my safety even though I should have been the one fighting for yours,"Nathifa smiled.

"That made me feel much better. I would fight for any of you any day,"Kiya squeeze her eyes closed to hold back the tears opening them after a while to reveal her red glossed over amber eyes and drenched eyelashes. "I will always fight for family."

"You consider us...family?"

"Family does not have to be blood relations but can simply be person or persons supporting one another. Caring for them and always being by their side through the good, bad and the ugly. People who are willing to do anything for you without a second thought. People who will never lead you astray and will give you lifetimes of lectures or shake some sense into you when they see you going the wrong way. People who will make sure you have a smile on your face if you are crying and a person who will take care of you if you are hurt. That is what I call family and you are all of those things. You, Ladonna and Rada...you are my family."

"I have never been called someone's family before,I like that," Nathifa sobbed Kiya brought her into a hug. "The thought of a family feels good."

"So I need to get better now,"Kiya wiped her tears from her face. "That is an order," she smiled.

"Same to you My Queen."

Kiya took her time using the walls in the hall for support to get to her room.

Pharaoh Khai's P.O.V

She bit her lip and her nail gripped against the wall. I could see she was in pain. She was no where near healed. As I reached adjacent to her, she did not even look in my direction. I could just feel the hate radiating from her. I crossed the hall and held her around the waist.

"Put your arms around me Kiya,"I told her.

"Thank you but no Thanks. I really do not need your help. The wall was helping me quite fine."

"Please, I can see you are in pain. Let me help you."

"Now you choose to help me...Pharaoh?"She spat like venom. She knew all too well I hated when she called me that.
"Could you do me a favour and release me?"She looked into my eyes emotionlessly.

I slowly released her. She was in pain as she gripped the wall like dear life and she would not allow me to help her. I could just order her but I doubt that would make my situation better.

"Sulking is bad My Lord."

I glaced at Amenei as I dragged my feet to my throne.

"This is bad,"I sighed. "Mother would have been very disappointed in me."

"You can just feel the disappointment."

"That made me feel much better Amenei,"I replied sarcastically.

"However, she would want you to fix this."

"How can I fix it. She will not even look in my direction."

"Well you need to find a way. Scrape that mind of yours a find a way!"

"You talk for me."

"What! You want me to go in that line of fire...for you?"

"Just talk in my behalf. She will talk to you."

"This feels dangerous but I will do it. However, if I get hurt I will set her on you. What would you like to say to her first?"

"Apologies first."

"I am on my way."

I watched him as he walked away probably mumbling to himself about many ways this plan might fail. I waited patiently for him to return.

"She had something to say,"I heard Amenei called out to me as he entered the room.

"Really?"I straightened up. "Wait how did she react first?"

"No emotion... Well maybe she did show an emotion like a strong dislike."

"What did she say?"

"She said to please leave her alone Pharaoh. She told me to really stress the Pharaoh and you know how obedient I am."

"Tell her no."

"Just no? Please add more. I am not going to walk just to say no. You can tell that to her from the hall."

"Ask her how she is feeling until you get an answer. Then ask her how her day is going and if she ate and if she drinking enough and-"

"Wait! I mean... Please wait My Lord. I am still one person. Save that one for the next trip."

I smiled and shook my head. "Typically Amenei,"I sighed.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

"What did she say?"

"Well My Lord she said that she hurts all over, she ate and she has not have much of a day."

"So she really answered this time. Finally."

"My Queen said more. She only replied because she would like you please to leave her alone. She said it will be appreciated."

"It was too good to be true."

"She said you would get hope then sulk down to where you were."

"And you did it!"

"You know how I am! I follow orders."

"She is trying to make me miserable,"Khai sighed.

"Oh,so you have noticed,"Amenei said sarcastically.

"Well tell her this will not stop until I can talk to her face to face."