21: " Too Much Wine "

"You really said that to her? I sent you out there to make her feel better not worse."

"I would be an awful person not to tell her straight. "

"You could have said it nicer."

"Well maybe."

"I am just happy you are back, I need help. There are more people out there and I do not know how much more crazy I can take."

"I was thinking on letting you handle my duties for the rest of the day."

"I have gone through four bottles Khai, wait... Four and three quarter bottles of wine. I am basically drunk , do not let me go on please!"

"Today seems to be a rather hectic than usual. I will help you. "

" Help? This is your job darling, "Kiya said as she got up but stumbled.

" Careful, "Khai said he held her hands.

" I just got up a little too fast, "Kiya squinted her eyes making less than a millimeter of space between her thumb and index finger.

" Maybe you drank a little too much too."

"I was doing your job and I was going to go insane with these problems, "Kiya put on a dramatic cry.

" Fine I will take over, "Khai said.

" Thank you, "Kiya said as she patted his cheek. " Ooo, you look good. "

Khai raised an eyebrow at her statement.

" Wow, chest of steel, "Kiya whispered as she assaulted Khai's chest.

" You are definitely not fine. "

" Oh, but you are"Kiya said as she poked his chest. "Mind, soul and body," she whispered.

"Come, to your room. "

" Yes please, upward to my room I feel slee-" Kiya's feet wobbled down.

"Kiya! "Khai manages to grab her hand before she went down. He pulled her to him and lifted her up bridal style. " Please give me a warning next time, "Khai said as he walked down the hall with Kiya to her room.

"There you go," Khai said as she placed her gently on the bed. He drew the sheets over her feet and turned to leave.

"Wait,"Kiya said as she grabbed onto his hand.

"What is it?"

"Stay please?"

"Wait...what?"Khai asked shocked. "You a-are not feeling well so you need to sleep it-it off ."

"Please?"

Khai weighed out his options. " She is not herself. I would not want to do anything especially with her on this state. I would never want to do that but... No Khai you put her and her feelings first. Figure this out! " He debates each option in his head .

"I will just sit right here by your side until you go to sleep."

"That is nice, "Kiya smiled.

Pharaoh Khai's P. O. V

She looked harmless as she curled up in her protective little ball. She took hold of my arm like she does when she had a bad dream. Now and again a small smile appeared on her face and that alone make me feel happy that she is all mine. As soon as she was completely asleep, I slowly removed my arm from her grip and gave her a small kiss on her forehead before getting back to work.