1 : " Young Days "

"Daddy please?" Seven year old Kiya pleaded with her father.

"No Kiya. You cannot help me with this. This is thousands of years old making it fragile. "

"Hmm Kiya knows Javier," her mother said in her thick Barbadian accent.

"Mommy, I just want to help. How am I to be a famous archologist like daddy and a historian like you if you don't let me help?"Kiya asked as she folded her arms.

"Archeologist Kiya, "her mother smiled as she corrected her. " How about you be a historian with me today and you can be an archeologist when daddy is not working with a precious artifact. Can you do that? "

" Okay, "Kiya sulked as she followed her mother to her study.

Kiya walked down the hall, trailing behind her mother to her study below the living room. She gazed and awed at the new additions her mother made.

" Wow! "She gasped.

" Amazing isn't it, "her mother said as she sat in her leather covered chair around her cluttered desk.

" Mommy, what are you working on now?" Kiya asked as she kneeled down in the chair facing her mother looking at the open books and stray notes.

"I'm just going over you favorite civilization in history other than the Greeks. "

" Ahhh. Egyptian? " Kiya squealed as she stood up on the chair.

" Hey hun. Be careful, "her mother warned.
"Oops, sorry mommy,"she apologized. "Can you tell me more about them?"

"Hmm of course, but there are so many things about them. What do you want to know about? "

" Well do they have princes and princesses, like in Disney movies? "

" Well not quite, let me show you. "Her mother signalled her to come over and lifted her into her lap. She opened a beige coloured book." So they had royal people. What would you call the person that rules over everyone? "

" A king. So is he the King mommy? "Kiya asked as she pointed to a picture of a man adorned with gold and jewels with servants bowing at his feet.

" Yes Kiya but he is called a Pharaoh. He rules just like the king. He is the most powerful and important man of Egypt. The people there classify him as a God. They say that the Pharaoh is the spokesman for the God of all Gods. "

"Amun Ra! I remember him. When you taught me about most of the Gods they had. "

" You have a good memory. That's correct! The Pharaoh could not be disrespected in any way all the people treated him highly. It was also his responsibility to protect all that he ruled over. Servants and all. "

" It must be hard ruling over thousands of people. Didn't he have someone to help him, like a Queen? "

" Yes they did. All Pharaohs had Queens and they treated them as their equal and respected them and the Queen did the same. "

" That sounds like you and daddy. He treats you just like that. " Kiya's mother smiled at her daughter's statement.

" Mommy, was there ever a Pharaoh that didn't have a Queen?"

"Well daddy's mommy told me a story once about a Pharaoh that had no Queen. "

" Ooo can you tell me? "

" It's time for bed. Tomorrow. "

" Please mommy. Please, please, please! This last thing before bed? "Kiya pleaded as she looked up at her mother and pouted with big glossy puppy eyes.

" Nooo! I can't resist those heart melting puppy eyes. Okay, but just this last thing then straight to bed promise? "

" Promise! "Kiya replied excitedly.

" So there was a prince that would soon be Pharaoh. He was the only child so he had to get a wife from a royal family. His father suggested his childhood friend, a beautiful princess from the lower Egypt. Arrangements were made and it was said when it was time for him to become Pharaoh he would marry her. Soon his parents passed on and it was finally time but he did not marry the princess. No matter how priests would try to convince him, he would not marry her. "

" Wait. This is confusing. In all the movies I have seen, childhood friends like that would not have chances like that to get married so why is this happening. It is the opposite of what is suppose to happen. "

" Let me finish Kiya. "

" Okay, sorry. "

" Yes, so some thought he was going mad or someone did something evil to him and they tried everything they could but they could not get him to marry the princess. He ruled by himself not listening to what anyone told him. Then one day he declared why he was not going to marry. He said the gods had already had a Queen for him and when the time is right, she will come. Unfortunately, it came to be that the Pharaoh got sick in his young age and on his death bed he vowed that when his Queen comes he will rise, time shall go back to his rule and his Queen will be with him and they shall rule together. That was the last thing he said before he took his last breath and died. "

" What! Mommy, what kind of story is this?"

"I didn't say it had a happy ending. "

" That's it? So you think that he is still waiting for his Queen? "

" Maybe Kiya, but it is just a story. "

" Well he must be sad being all alone. Who needs Disney Princes when you can have a Pharaoh! "

Her mom gasped playfully." Does that mean that you have disowned Aladdin for good? "

" Well mommy, he isn't a prince. "

" It doesn't matter. After all five years of your life you are giving him up? "

" I want what you talked about mommy. I want to be treated with respect and as equals. Plus at least we know Pharaoh's are real. When you find an Aladdin, maybe I will change my mind. "

" Hmm. I sure will. You are wise beyond your age. You should got to bed if you want to keep being that way. " Her mother placed her on the floor and they exited the study together.

" Mommy, "Kiya said looking up at her mother. " Can we do this again?"

"Sure we can. "