96: "Birthday Boy"

Kiya rested her head on Khai's bare chest.

" Naeem would usually make his appearance but I suppose he really exerted himself. "

" Hmm, " Khai cleared his throat.  He shifted,  turning himself to her. 

"I like that I do not have to sleep at the edge of the bed  plus,  I get to have you all to myself.  No interruptions."  He buried his face in the crook of her neck. 

"Ahh,  stop breathing on me like that, " she fussed.

"Should I stop breathing?  Do you want me to die?  I thought you finally loved me  "

"I said on me.  You are such a child you know. I do not know how I manage taking care of both of you.  Amenei and I are struggling parents! "

The light laughter faded out allowing the calming silence to settle in. 

"I really missed this, " Khai said lowly.

"I can say the same.  The bond was weak for such a long time this almost feels new to me. It feels... exciting in a way. " She covered her face with her hand muffling her words. 

"That is what happens when you have nothing preoccupying your mind.  It is refreshing. "

"Now you can focus that Naeem will be three soon. "

"I remember. "

"I really do not want anything big.  Nothing extravagant.  "

"Can we just tell him that he is three now and call it a day? "

" Are you serious? "

" That is the least extravagant thing there is.  Or,  we just go about our day and not say anything. "

"Like bad parents?"

"I am giving suggestions. "

"I know what I will do. "

"And what would you give to him? "

"Zaire."

"Excuse me what? " Khai pushed himself up. "You are casually give him my entire soldier. "

"It way to give him half is unethical and  quite violent for a three year old. "

"Kiya! "

"What?  It was a request that I asked of him and he accepted. "

"What request? "

"What about confidentiality? "

"No."

"To summarize... "

"Yes? "

"He is like a guardian. Simple. "

"Zaire has not been around...  So when? "

"Before Naeem was ten months. "

"What if I never asked? "

"That reality did not play out so I did not know because you asked and I told you so now you know.  It is nothing severe. I did it in his favour and my future peace of mind.  Naeem is at an average where he is fasinated by so many things and he is socializing and slowly finding his place.  I just want him to find his place with someone away from us who  we could trust. I was scared.  Not that I am not now but... " Kiya trailed off.

"Fine,fine." Khai dropped him self back on the bed. "I know it is hard on you.  I know you had your reasons and you still do.  I just wish you shared it with me sooner.  You do not have to revisit anything. "

"It can be just family... Right?  Just the people that care for him?  I don't want to involve him in the outside world right now.  He is comfortable where he is. "

"No revisiting.  It is fine.  " Khai pulled her close with his reassurance.  "It can be small.  Just who cares for him. No one else has to know. "

Kiya took a deep breath,  exhaling slowly. 

" I think I should continue my sleep.  Just in case Naeem feels he should not be tired anymore in his room."

"Yes you sleep and clear your mind.  Worrying is not good for you love. "

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

"So you have been keeping check?  Should I say impressive or... All the preaching in my ear and you still hanging on. "

"Tsk."

"I do not know why you are hiss at your mother dear.  The only one who cares about your ambitions.  As you can see your father wants nothing to do with you. "

"There was no need to bring that up mother! "

"The entire point Zahra!  I think I am due more respect than cat replies! "

"Are you looking for an apology or should I scratch you? "

"You make me laugh dear child of mine. You have no idea what you want!  And all you have is my help.  Or do you want to speak to your father and tell him about your many attempts to kill?  Because you can always stay with me,  your actions will be forever justified and you will reach your goal.  But what do you want!  Tell me!  You waver with every word you speak. Are you finished?  Are you strong enough to continue?  I cannot tell.  You have been dormant.  Keeping check of her child's age shows me you are still attached.  But then your disrespect as if you would love to banish me from your life tells a different story.  "

"I would rather not. "

"Not what?  Talk about your feelings?  Because I think you need to my dear.  I think you need to get your mind straight so I can see if raised a weak failure! "

"I am not!  Stop saying that to me!  I know what I want!  "

"What do you want then? "

"I just want what was mine. "

"So what is your plan? "

"I want to take it. "

"Wonderful!  Now say sorry to your mother and she will give you the world. "

"I am sorry... Mother.  How shameful of me to disrespect you in such a low manner. "

"My poor frustrated little girl.  Everything you want,  I will help you to take it.  "