84: " Future Plans"

As the two engaged in a light hearted conversation Khai's facial expression slightly hardened. Kiya furrowed her brows as she noticed the sudden change.

"Is something wrong?" she asked.

"This just came to me. I did not want to dampen the mood , but since we have Naeem on topic."

"And what might that be?"

"When do you think it will be appropriate to announce the birth of Naeem offically?"

"This is a very sensitive matter. I really do not know what to say ."

"Well I know we hid information because of the circumstances , but things are looking better: he is looking better."

"So you think..."

"I do , but I need your thoughts on the matter before I can move on. You are important to my final decision."

"This really scares me you know, when I think about the possibilities." Kiya folded her arms. " The fear is officially  announcing and something  bad happens  to him."

"Understood. So what are you saying?"

"Give some more time. I am not ready to put him out there. Plus, I have some preparations I need to put in place."

~~~~~~~~~~

Kiya's P.O.V 

"Ladonna?" I called out to her for the first time in a long while.

"My Lady , is something wrong?"She rushed in.

"No there is nothing to be alarmed about. I just need you, is there a problem?"

"No My Lady! It is never a problem to serve you."

"Just how I left you. I have to say I am happy to see you have not changed."

"I am happy to see that you are doing well."

"Why thank you. I need you to get someone for me, that was my main reason for calling you here. Let us find a time to catch up later. There are so thing we never got to speak about."

"Of course My Queen . Who do you need?"

"I need to know if the solider Zaire is here. Please send word that I would like to speak with him."

"Yes My Queen."

"Say it is urgent."

"Yes My Queen," Ladonna bowed before she left.

 "What will I even say when he is arrives? This played out in my mind many times but I did not particularly add words to the actions."I pressed my palms to the sides of my head in frustration as I mumbled to myself. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door . "Hmm, something  will come to me ."

"Come in," I sighed.

"He is here My Lady."

"Thank you Ladonna."

"My Queen," She bowed.

"Come in and close the door Zaire."

"My Queen, you sent for me ?"Zaire bowed lightly.

"In this conversation I will be blunt. I need  you to listen carefully ."

"Yes My Queen!"

"Have a seat,"Zaire nodded.

"You should have known by now that the first born son of the Pharaoh has been born."

"I heard about it My Queen."

"And you heard about the condition he is in presently?"

"I only heard whispers about his limited chances of survival . I heard you gave instruction not to mention the Young Lord's condition, especially in a negative manner."

"Hmm. Good , so you have an understanding."  I turned my back to him. "Listen Zaire, since Naeem was born I am having serious trust issues. I simply cannot trust a soul without having second thoughts. So saying this you can realize I did not call you at random. I thought about this for a while now." 

I  turned around and crossed my arms over my chest. "You and I have met a few countable times and considering what I said about my wavering trust, it sounds like a contradiction. How do I  know I can trust you? Well our first unoffficial encounter was when you followed me. Khai must  have trusted you enough for him to send you after me, since he is very protective he would have chosen someone fit in his eyes. He needed you to report so he must have chosen someone who would not change or leave out valuable details for any reason. He also takes you when ever he is going out, business or otherwise. He would never take someone he knew would more than likely poison his food or kill him in his sleep if you need to think about it that way. You followed him on a simple trip to return the Princess and you followed him on more important trips. For a soldier, you are the first  one he calls on so that tells me something good. Our encounter at the prison.  I could have asked Xerxes since he is the Commander but I do not like him and he hated very bone in my body and every strand of hair in my head. I do not want him in any business of mine. I like the place your heart is in and I found you perfect for what I want to be done. The perfect balance between power and peacefulness. Zaire, now that I have explained how I chose you, I can tell you why I chose you. As I said I find it hard trusting anyone but I can tell I can depend on you
. I am depending on you to the extent that I am putting a life in your hands!"

"W-What?" His eyes widened.

" Whrn Naeem was born, it was said that he was going to survive and later it was said it was a miracle he was still surviving. He was pale, small and weak. Even though he is looking better he is always at risk mainly because of his immune system. It is not strong enough. Physically he is not strong enough. I put him in your care not mainly for protection but so you can help him through the life he is going to live. I believe you can help him get stronger. He would do well with a person like you around him. With that said, I need your answer right now if you are willing to enter in my son's life. I need you to answer truthfully. If you cannot do what I ask,  you cal leave right now."

"   I am willing My Queen. It is an honour to get such a position."

"Hmm.  Please do not to be his bodyguard, he his friend, someone who can look up to and speak with first of all. Do not report to me because if you accomplish being a major part of his life I am sure most of anything you both do will reach me by his mouth. You only report to me if it is very important understood?"

"Yes My Queen!"

"Thank you Zaire. This means everything to me so please I am begging you."

" I swear to you My Queen, " He placed his right arm across the left side of his chest. I will not let you or the Young Lord down."

" I hold you to your word Soldier!"