94: " Are You Feeling Better?"

"Just imagine me being a guardian for the young prince how superior he would become."

Khai lifted his head up from his work with raised eyebrows. "He is a baby Amenei . "

"I prefer a young Lord in the making. I can stand by that. "

"He is already close to you.  I really cannot  have my son becoming you. "

"I hate that you say it like it is such a bad thing. "

"The second maybe. "

"The second? Are you saying... " Amenei trailed off.

"Far from it. I should not have said that.  Disregard that. "

"Pardon me, but I am now concerned. "

" You should not be.  What I said was uncalled for really. "

"Your countenance changed My Lord.  'Far from it '?  Why do you sound... "

"No I do not sound disappointed. "

"So the puzzling things is that I never mentioned the word disappointed. I love how you indirectly  tell me how you feel. "

Khai rubbed his temples. "Most things will not happen to our liking.  I will not complain about it. "

"But you can be unhappy about it,  you can be angry about it because you do have emotions. "

"Of course I am aware of that. "

"Then? "

Khai's  eyes landed back on his work.

"Your silence shouts at me so now I speak as a friend. "

"I just want to best for her.  She had a rough two years  with Naeem and her recovery.  Her actions now are driven out of fear.  "

"You need not say any more.  I get that you are I need uncomfortable with such a conversation but you also look plagued. Have you spoken to her? "

"No. I do not think it is the proper time. "

"Ahh I see. Well for this I can only aid so much and no more... These are rather personal problems.  I can only really be here for emotional help. "

"As you always are Amenei,  thank you, " Khai gave a soft smile.

"Of course My Lord. "

"Fine morning is it not? " Kiya's voice bounced from the halls.  She made her appearance at the end of the Hall with Naeem clutching on to the fringes of her skirt. "I do apologize for the late start.  I am almost embarrassed that I am not how I used to be with this one around. He really did not want to get to today, he is really sullky."

"Morning Prince Naeem, " Amenei went to greet him.

"Hello, " Naeem yawned. 

"See,  not the best of moods today. "

"Come on Naeem. Let go of your mother and come to me, " Khai stretched his arms out to welcome his son.

Naeem looked up at Kiya who nodded.  "Go on dear. "

He slowing walked up to his father who lifted him and gave him a seat on his lap.

"Why is Naeem sad? "

"I woke up sad, " He sighed.

" I am sorry to hear but look,  mother does not like it when you are sad.  So how about I try to get you to smile for the entire day. "

"Look how hard he is trying to entice him, " Amenei whispered.

"He is trying but Naeem saps energy when he is sullky. It is borderline scary feeling like a dark cloud is forced over your head. "

"Not because you are at a distance,  I - can - still - hear - you, " Khai shot the two a glance.

"Now Mother and Amenei are making me sad.  How about we leave them and go outside? "

"Could we eat outside too? "

"Today you get anything you want. "

"Anything? "

"Everything."

"Time to go outside! "

Khai lifted Naeem putting him on his shoulder before standing up and marching outside.

"Now mother and Amenei are making me sad, " Amenei mocked.  "He just casual pushed his work aside. "

"Then let's get it done.  It has been a while since I have done decision making. I feel rusty. "

"Look at My Lady always going above and beyond.  If only I could work with you forever. "

"And just leave Khai... "

"If only I could work with you forever My Lady. "

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

"How are you feeling? "

"Better." Naeem barely managed to respond as his focused was on peel the skin from his grapes.

"Feeling better too? "

"Of course.  As long as you are happy. "

"Then we can spend all day feeling better? "

"Yes,  anything you need. " Khai smiled. "I really needed to distract myself and watching you skin your fruits seems to be the way. "