12: " Subtle Moves "

Kiya's P.O.V

There he goes again. Just to see me laugh like that again, he would sneak up and scare some people. I just do not know what to say to him sometimes when he says things like this.

"Ummm, really? "I asked.

"I would do anything for you."

"I appreciate that, "this was all I could think of to say.

"If you do not mind me asked, what scared you so much in your dreams? "He asked concerned.

"Oh, my dreams,"I plopped on the edge of the bed and stared at the floor. "Those were nightmares,not dreams. I just keep hearing them calling out for me. I keep calling for them and they do not hear me no matter how loudly I call them under that rubble. They walked on top of me and did not even know it. Finally when I call out with every breath I have, they turn around but I don't see my parents, I see faceless people coming for me. There voice like demons, now that they found me. These were not my parents, I needed to get away but I am helpless,I am trapped. Where is my father? Where  is my mother? I call for them,I need my real parents to save me. Those things kept coming towards me,calling my name telling me that they my parents, that they were looking for me and... I am always awake before it finishes. The thing is that I cannot even remember my parents. I know that I have parent,I just do not know what they look like anymore. They are just outlines in my memories,nothing more than out lines. " My eyes welled up but I squinted the tears away leaving my eyes red.

"I am sorry, "I heard him say softly. " I wish that I could take it away from you so you would not have to feel this way. I hate seeing you cry, your tears make me feel like I am not doing enough to make you happy."

I was touched and a light blush dabbed itself on my cheeks. I knew he noticed when he flashed a quick smile at me.

"I guess you should be ready,I really would not like Amenei blaming me for you being late."

"Right,I would not want to later than I already am. I guess I will just have stay later to make up for the time,"he replied to me with a saddened tone.

"Please do not take what I said the wrong way. I am not trying to get rid of you or anything like that," I defended.

"I would not think that. No matter how much I would want to stay here, there are things I need to do," he replied.

He was soon gotten ready by the servants was one his way to talk about business with the royal scribe Amenei. Before he left he turned to me.

"Will you be going out today?" He asked.

"Yes, I was thinking about helping out a friend outside the walls. "

He looked at me skeptically. I could tell he did not like the idea of me going outside the protective walls or even out of his line of sight.

"I promise I will not go far," I said in my sweetest, most innocent voice trying to convince him.

"Fine, you can go,but I hold you to that promise,"he reluctant agreed to let me go.
"Thank you, "I smiled.

"What I would not do to see that smile, "he held my chin with his ridiculously soft hands and place his thumb on my lips. "All I ask is for  you to be careful. Can you promise that too? "he asked me softly almost in a whisper, his face just inches away from mine.

"Promise," I responded ,my voice almost cracking. I thought I was the one who got to him but he was the one who got to me.

Pharaoh Khai's P.O.V

If only she knew how badly I wanted to kiss her. At least to graze her lip with mine.  With my face just inches away from hers,it took eleven Gods to hold me back. She just would not understand how much I love her and care for her. It is the love that I have for he that makes me not want her to be alone especially with this friend I know nothing about outside the walls. I could not follow her all day,I have important matters to deal with but I needed to keep and eye on her without actually being there.

"Something on your mind my Lord? "Amenei asked putting down the scroll. "You look more distant than usual."

"I was wondering when you were going to inquire. I need help."

"You always need my help my Lord. "

"No I do not. "

"If it makes you feel better about yourself, then no,you do not my Lord. "

"Amenei this is serious,I need a friend right now, not a scribe or a business advisor,"I said with a straight face.

"I am finished. What is it?" He finally asked concerned.

"Kiya wants to go out!"

"How is that a problem?"

"She wants to go outside the walls!"

"Oh now I see the problem,"he stroked his imaginary beard.

"Tell her she cannot go out side the wall. "

"I already told her she could,"I sulked.

"Why did you agree if you were not comfortable with the idea?
Wait, do not tell me. She promised not to do something or the other?"

"She promised me that she would not go far and I made her promise to be careful."

"Ahh, a weakling for the promises. " Amenei let out a hearty laugh.

"I need to keep an eye on her especially with this unknown friend she is helping. " I was already jealous and I did not even know who it was. She was so eager to go,I just could not help myself. My blood boils at the thought of her new found friend being male. She getting to know him on her own is just is putting me up to be replaced.

"You need a spy,"he concluded.

"Just what I was thinking. I know the perfect man for the job. Tell them to call for Zaire. Make sure he knows this is urgent!"