30: " Blame Game "

Pharaoh Khai's P.O.V

"I cannot help but blame myself. I have not left her side. I just need to let you know I am sorry. I am not even the only one blaming myself. Ladonna has become a totally different person, complete personality change. From the day of the incident she has not spoken. She does not even look anyone in the face anymore.  Nathifa is in the same situation as you. I am taking care of her just like you would have wanted me to do. You can answer me anytime. I know you can hear me, please."

I covered my face with my hands as I hovered over her. Silent! Silent for the past two days. Sometimes I wonder if this is it. If this is the way it will all end but I look at her and realize that this is Kiya. She has the willpower and will make it.

" How is she My Lord?" Amenei pulled me out of my thoughts.

"The same,"I said blandly.

He placed his hand on my shoulder.

"She will wake up soon."

"When I find him I will kill him,"I gritted my teeth.

"I cannot say that I disagree but you do not even know where to start. We cannot start anything until she wakes up."

"I know. I feel like I failing her sitting down like this not doing anything. Not catching the person or persons who did this to them." My fingers curled to for a fist as I steamed with anger.

"I really do not think it is wise or logical in the least to go and execute every man that looks like they have rape on their face. Plus,you are doing something. Staying by her side is more than something. She knows you are with her and she needs you to wait just a little longer. This takes time. Do not rush into this and do something you might regret. You will get the information soon and then you will be able to avenge them both. I speak to you Khai as a friend."

He was right. Well, he is always right. That is why I need him close by to talk sense into me when I stop thinking.

"You are right, but I just cannot help think about it!" I stressed.

"Stop! Think about her and you will be fine. I need you to keep your brain working until she wakes up. I do not want a bloodbath."

"I give you my word..."

"Good,"Amenei replied.

"That I will try."

"Well that is a start. I can work with that," he said before he left the room.

Why is this happening?
What has she ever done to anyone to deserve this?
What has Nathifa ever done to deserve this?
I just cannot comprehend this,in fact,I am still trying to believe this. I took a glance at her;Still the same.
I placed a kiss on her forehead and be used down her hair. Soon she will be awake.

"It is time for me to check her My Lord,"I heard a voice heavy with sobs say. I turned around to see a long face, red puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks.

"I do not blame you for anything Ladonna. I am sure she does not either."

"You placed me in charge of her. It was my responsibility to watch her. She got hurt under my watch, under my care! I failed you and most of all I fail her!I let her down and sorry is not going to make her better,make this go away or reverse anything!" Ladonna said as tears streamed down.

The first time I had ever seen Ladonna cry. Even though she kept her face straight around me as she cried I could she was hiding some of her feelings because she still wanted to be strong.

"I did put you in charge and and I am sure you did your best to carry out my instructions but you did not do this to her. You did not give her these injuries! Stop beating yourself up."

"I see you are not taking your own advice to me My Lord," she looked st me in the corner of her eye as she unwrapped Kiya's bandages.

I looked at her before turning away.

"I heard."

"I knew you had good ears but I did not know you could pick up a conversation from afar. I need you in my military to gather information."

"I have my gifts."

"See what I did? I made Ladonna smile."

"Well look at that,"she held her head down as she cleaned Kiya's wounds and applied clean bandages. "I believe it is your time to smile My Lord,"said with a sob.

"Are we crying again?"

"No."

"Well your eyes must be leaking. Turn it off."

"I will try my best My Lord. It is just that I cannot take it. Even Nathifa she blames herself and she got hurt too. She is young,she should not have to go through this. No one should."

"I know it is hard. I am feeling what you are feeling right now. I can tell you want to find the bastard that did this and torture him...maybe to death. We think the same,two of a kind."

"So is that why you can give advice but not take it?"

"I guess that is why."

Ladonna lingered around after she was finished.

"Do you thing she can hear me?"She asked softly.

"Maybe you should speak to her."

The gloom passed from her face as she knelt down beside Kiya.

"I came to check on you in the throne room and I saw you. I was positive because I made sure. I was doing so well when there was a problem and my help was urgently needed. I checked on you before I left and I saw you speaking with Nathifa. It was all in my head that you were talking with Nathifa after. I know that apologies will not help what was done but if you could forgive me please. I beg of you to have mercy even though I let you down. I just need you to tell me that you accept it."

Ladonna took a deep breath. She held down her head as she mumbled sobbing lines of apologies under her breath. The least I could do was comfort her. I got up to go over to her.

"Stop... It is not your fault,"I heard a faint voice. She lifted her hand weakly and dragged it across her chest resting it on Madonna's head. "Both of you."

She heard.