57: " Trust Issues "

Kiya stood wide eyed and speechless.

"You called truce with me?"

"Exactly,"she replied.

Kiya glanced at Amenei who wore a blank look on his face. She turned to the guard who called her and she met up with the same expression.

"Let the Princess in,"she exhaled.

"Thank you," she smiled.

The guard escorted her in. "Welcome Princess," he bowed.

"Thank you," she replied.

Kiya walked at a distance alongside her taking glances at her ever other moment.

"I would have my suspicions too, but I am not going ask you trust me right now but I want you to know I am finished."

"Is that so Princess?"

"I would not be here if what I said was untrue."

"You must be tired from your long journey. As my guest, let me take care of that,"Kiya said.

"I am grateful."

Kiya instructed the guards to open the doors leading into the palace and gave Amenei the signal to return to his work as they moved in the direction of the dinning hall.

"Aa!"Kiya called.

"My Queen, do you need me?"

"Thank you for getting here to me so quickly. Our guest Princess Zahra has been on a long tiring journey to get here. Could you please attend to her?"

"O-of course My Queen," Aa stuttered and turned to go away.

"Wait Aa," Kiya called. "Princess, Aa and other will be attending to your needs. Whatever you need they will get it you. Do you understand Aa?"

"Yes My Queen."

"Aa come back please," Kiya exhaled. "I am not finished," Kiya turned to Zahra. " They are at you beck and call only if necessary. Abuse this privilege and I will certainly drag you out of here myself and drop you at the steps of where you came from." Kiya looked her dead in her eyes. "We...are...not ...friends. The witch is just being hospitable."

Kiya turned to Aa who stood rooted where he stood as he listened to his Queen's open threats.

"Aa? Aa!"

"My Queen?"

"Now you stand here Aa? When I am finished speaking? " Kiya shook her head. "Go on now."

Kiya signaled Zahra to take a seat which she did hesitantly. The sitting Zahra scanned Kiya from head to toe.

"You look more exhausted than I look.  If you do not mind me asking , are-"

"I am fine. Thank you for your ...concern."

"I know I truly deserve the hostility but I-"

Kiya placed her hands on the table in front and looked Zahra in the face.

" Thank you for your concern."

"No, I do apologize but something is wrong," Zahra's words intertwined with Kiya's.

"I am fine."

"Aa! Amenei! " Zahra shouted. "The Gods know I am true to my words when I say this,"she mumbled. "Ladonna!"

"What is your prob-" Her chest heaved up as her her body twisted and fell limply to the floor.

"This is really a test ... Someone help!"

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

"W-what..."

"Shhh,"Ladonna tried to settle Kiya.

"What happened?"Kiya asked groggily.

"You fainted,"Zahra replied.

"My Lady asked me Princess," Ladonna said through gritted teeth.

"What? How? Why? "

"It was exhaustion My Queen," Ladonna answered. "Luckily ..." Ladonna clenched her teeth. "The Princess called out for help for you."

"I could see it on your face," Zahra said.

"Well in that ...I extend my thanks to you."

"It was just the right things to do."

"Careful, your lying words could stop what little of a heart you have left,"Ladonna snarled at Zahra.

"Ladonna!" Kiya pulled on her hand which was in her reach. "Stand down right now!"

Ladonna turned away immediately and silently tended to Kiya.

"My Queen, why is she here?"Ladonna whispered almost in a whine.

"She wants a truce."

"Do you trust her? I do not! Look what happened. What truce! "

"Shh! Control yourself please. I know, I know. Of course I know you would not trust her."

"I do not like her. I do not think her being here is good."

"While you feel that way, I gave her conditions for her stay and if they are not violated, it would be wrong to go back on my word and send her away , especially since she made such a long journey. Trust in my choices Ladonna."

"Of course My Queen,"Ladonna forced .  She bowed and left her side with her eyes burning holes in Zahra's back.

"I have a question."

"Leave us," Kiya directed.

Zahra turned her back to Kiya and walked to the door. "Does he know?"

"Yes."

"You are not the type to faint just like that. I saw something wrong and after canceling I figured it out."

"Impressive Princess. You look troubled by what you have found out and I have to remind you why you came here... To me."

"I remember clearly."

"Good to know. Is that all?"

"I would like to know where Khai is."

"He left on important matters. Trade settlement... Peace keeping."

"He will be gone for a while then."

"So it seems."

"Have you gotten word on the matter?"

"I am afraid not."

"Everything seems to be under control."

"Are you getting to a point Princess Zahra?" Kiya asked with raised eyebrows.

"You have gotten quite..."

"Close?" Kiya finished. "You looked as if you were at loss for words. Yes, as you can see rather close."

"Hmm,"Zahra chuckled. "You really do not like me."

"I am sure the feeling is mutual."

"I told you that-"

"I heard what you said Princess,"Kiya cut in. "You never said you got rid of all your feelings of hate along with your will to fight against me. So, why all the questions?"

"No reason. Good to know that you are doing well now, you gave everyone quite a scare. You really did frighten me."

"Sorry about that and thank you. You know your room. If there is anything you need just as for it. Get some rest, I  think it is needed."

"Of course, thank you for the hospitality."

"Well, thank you for...the help."