33: " The Talk "

"Are you awake?"

"Yes Pharaoh. As you can see I am very busy purposely disobeying you by going outside the gates."

"At least you are replying to me now."
"How many times do I need to apologize to you?"

Kiya sat up and turned to Khai.

"Khai I have accepted your apology long ago."

"But you have not forgiven me."

"I have."

"So why are you doing this to me ?" Khai asked in distress.

"I am still hurt. Maybe you did not realize that what you said really hurt me," Kiya looked away.

"I noticed that. That is why I was trying to reach out to you."

"I just did not want to speak to you at the moment ...and right now,"Kiya grumbled the ending.

"Are you serious?" Khai sighed in frustration. 

"Can I please go back to sleep now Pharaoh?"

"You do not need my permission."

"Well thank you,"Kiya replied slightly annoyed.

"Fine, "Khai rolled over turning his back to Kiya. " But! " He flipped back over.

" Not even one minute Pharaoh? "Kiya grumbled.

" Please... "

Kiya slowly sat up," I already told you what I remember about what happened. "

" I do not want to ask you about that. "

" So what is it then. "

" I want us to talk like how we use to before all this. "

" I doubt that is possible.  What is there to talk about? "

" Anything. "

Kiya took a deep breath.  " Anything you say? "

" Yes, anything you want. "

" There is something I need to say.  Do you know why what you said hurt so much? "

Khai stared at her puzzled.

" It is because I heard what you were saying when you thought I was unconscious.  The truth is, I was but I woke up and I was so weak I could not open my eyes or find the strength to make a sound so I just stayed there.  I heard you as you blamed yourself and apologized to me for something that you did not do. I felt like a horrible person and just felt worse when you said Ladonna stopped talking and she cried.  I never thought a person like her could cry like how you described. I heard when you were begging to wake up but I just could not.  Then when I found the strength to tell you not to blame yourself, you just walked out on me. I thought the stress got to you, but then you storm back in here,  cleared the room and started throwing the blame on me-"

"I did not-"Khai interrupted but was stopped by Kiya

"Just let me finish Pharaoh.  As I was saying,  you started throwing the blame in me. What happened to what you were saying before? Did it just disappear because I am awake and now I can reply to you and I can now feel horrible and show it? I really do not know but I was hurt.  I knew you would upset with me but not like this. I did not expect to have you let me relive what I went through. I thought you would at least be proud of me that I was alive and Nathifa was too. That I fought even though they made me win. I did not know who was talking.  Was it the anger,  frustration or you?
Then I figured that I was right. I cannot do this at all.  I cannot manage this.  You should go and tell them that you made a mistake. It was the pressure and the passing away of you parents that clouded your judgment.  Go get Zarah and let me go.  She will listen to you. She will not go outside the gates. She will listen to everything you say and not disagree, she will have no problem ignoring the cries of a girl who forgot to get the wine for the Pharaoh, the thing that reminds him most about his parents and how upset he will be. She will nit cause you heartache and grief like I am causing you now because she so close to worshipping you. Just let me go and get her because it is obvious that how I am is not enough because how I am causes trouble! "Kiya ranted as she made the effort to get up from the bed before Khai held her back.

" You do not go yet. It is my time to speak.
I said things but you said some things also-"

"That is because-"Kiya interrupted but was cut off by Khai.

"Just let me finish Kiya.  As I was saying,  you you said some things also.  I will admit that sometimes I lash out because I have a temper just like you and I apologize. The other thing is so what if Zarah does certain things that you do not? Suppose I like you that way,  not perfect but human? Suppose I do not mind you disagreeing with me because I can see you can think on your own? I do not know how I will ever fix what I said but I am not giving you up because of one incident.  You do an amazing job leading when I can't and you are strong when you need to be even though it take a lot out of you and I respect you for that. "

Kiya's pale face regained its colour and a faint smile formed on her lips and Khai rested his forehead on hers.

" I know you take orders seriously so I order you to stay with me, "he whispered.

" I am still upset about it but just a little less, "Kiya managed to smile.

" I have not seen your smile in what felt like forever and it brighter than before. "

He gazed at her lovingly.  She saw he was truly sorry and she said things which she never apologized for.

" I too am sorry, "she sighed. " I guess I do have a temper sometimes as you said. "

" You need my apology more I need your apology. "

" Please Pharaoh just take. That took everything out of me, " Kiya huffed.

" You know I hate when you can me that, " Khai said annoyed.

" That is the point is it not, "Kiya let out a small chuckle.

" If I told Zarah I hated it when I was called Pharaoh by her, do you think she would do it? "Khai asked.

" I doubt it. "

" It is the small things we do that gives us character and make memories and makes life better."  He released her hands and lifted her chin up,  kissing her before she could protest about it. "I almost forgot shat that felt like."

Kiya looked at him as she thought how cliché he would be most times. That is how he felt and he has no problems showing her or telling her. That was who he was. But is life not cliché most times? Is it not what love is?
"It is the small things we do that gives us character and make memories and makes life better, " she thought. " This is your small thing.  Giving him character and making memories and making life better."