Thirty four

Seoul,

Monday,

School,

Mathematics once again made its appearance on the time table and Hyuna was tapping on the calculator.

"Anyway! Students! Listen!" Mr Choi shouted at the top of his lungs.

"Kang Hyuna and Kim Seungmin, you made it. You ranked top ten in the International Mathematics Exam. Now! Give them a round of applause!" The young teacher clapped his hands.

"Really sir?! Then! What do we get?!" Seungmin clapped his hands, excited to get a price.

"The second round, but you know what is funny? Your rival is this guy we know from Canada."

"Don't tell me," Seungmin narrowed his eyes as Hyunjin crossed his mind.

"Yes, our precious math genius that left the school a week ago, Hwang Hyunjin. Be aware, he got a perfect score." Mr Choi said, sad that his three mathematics geniuses will be competing against each other.
"Whoever pass the second round, Canada is waiting for you."

"I THINK HEAVEN IS FINALLY ON MY SIDE!" Hyuna jumped from her seat.
"YAH KIM SEUNGMIN! PLEASE LET ME WIN!"

"NO! Fair and square Hyuna!" Seungmin rolled his eyes, deep down plotting ways to let Hyuna get the first place without making it obvious.

"Are you both excited?! Then! Give me perfect scores! There will be one hundred questions to be answered in one hour and forty minutes, total exactly one minute for one question." Mr Choi was hyping them too.

"Crazy?! One hundred?!" Chaeyoung freaked out.
"Luckily I didn't signed up for this."

"Ani Chaeyoung, even if you signed up, you won't reach that level." Han killed Chaeyoung's spirit in one go.

"Uwah, you are really asking for an early funeral." Chaeyoung hissed.

"Alright! The next exam is next week, the announcement is a week after that and you will be leaving to Canada for IMC three weeks from now." Mr Choi added.

Brentwood and Saekang have some kind of connections in their schools organisation. That was why they have the same extra co-curricular. Hyunjin's mother registered Hyunjin to Brentwood for a reason. Since his previous school system was pretty much similar with Brentwood, it was easier for Hyunjin to catch up with his studies and just continued all his achievements from Seoul in Canada.

"Seungmin! I know you never dropped from your first place but please! Please! Just this once!" Hyuna shook Seungmin by his shoulders.

"Let's see," Seungmin gave her that proud face.

"Wah! You are so inhumane." Hyuna pathetically sat back on her chair.

"What do you expect from Seungmin?" Han expected that much from Seungmin.

-

1 a.m.

Home,

Hyuna's room,