Twenty Two

Loft,

"Takk!" The light went out and Hyuna dropped her phone in fear.

She moved towards the small window and peeked to see outside the house. There was Hyunjin walking into the gate, holding a plastic bag in his hand. Hyuna was praying for Hyunjin's safety instead of hers. The least, she was hiding in the loft but Hyunjin didn't have any idea of what was going on in the house.

"Ottokajwo?!" Hyuna fidgeted, tapping her feet on the floor.

Hyuna crawled on the floor, trying to find her phone.

"Srikkkk!" Someone pulled the loft ladder and Hyuna ran upstairs in the darkness.

"Hyuna aa, where are you?" It was Hyunjin's voice, he was climbing up the ladder.

"Hyunjin! Is that you?!" Hyuna slowly went back down as she heard the familiar voice.

"Nae, I heard people talking in the mart that there will be a maintenance in this area at ten." Hyunjin said, aiming the torchlight towards her.
"Were you scared?" He walked closer and put down the plastic bag on the portable bed.

"Hrmm." She nodded.
"He texted me." Hyuna pulled the edge of Hyunjin's shirt.

"Who? Ji Hyun? What did he say?" Hyunjin asked, worried that something happened to Hyuna while he was away.

"He said he saw you going out from the house and then that he wanted to accompany me instead." Hyuna reported, nearly crying.

"Really? Wait." Hyunjin wanted to check if Ji Hyun was in the house.
"Have you seen my phone? I think I left it."

"It is under the blanket." Hyuna said and Hyunjin went to take it.

"But when?"

"Just now."

She followed after him, sitting next to Hyunjin and watched him doing things on the phone.

"What are you doing?" Hyuna asked, moving closer until there was no space left in between them.

Hyuna was so paranoid that she felt like somebody was watching them.

"I am watching the surveillance cameras." Hyunjin checked on the one that was connected to the front door.

There were two at the front door, two at each sides and two at the back. All the four sets of cameras were direct powered, meaning it would still be recording during the blackouts. If Ji Hyun really went inside the house, he would be caught on camera.

"He wasn't in the gated area. Let's see outside." Hyunjin checked on the last camera, the one that was installed on the top of the gate.

"There! I see him!" Hyuna pointed towards the screen.

"This was five minutes ago. Let's see right now." Hyunjin watched the live recording and saw Ji Hyun was still standing in his position.
"This guy must be crazy. How long will he wait?"

"Thank god you are back now." Hyuna said.

"I am so sorry for leaving you just now." Hyunjin uttered, feeling bad to make such decision on his own.