Twenty Six - Getaway

Fraserplace building,

"Hyuna aa, let's go back home." Hyunjin walked to Hyuna.

"We need to ask her questions."

"Can't you please do it tomorrow?" Hyunjin asked the detective, hoping that he would just let her go and come back the next day.

"Alright then, we will do the questioning tomorrow, rest well." Detective Ong said, moving towards the car.

"Are you okay?" Hyunjin asked.

"..." Hyuna remained silent, relieved that she was found but didn't know how to react to Hyunjin.

"Nevermind, don't say anything." He pulled Hyuna closer by hand and she squirmed in pain.
"Why? What's wrong?"

"My hand-" Hyuna fearfully said.

"What's wrong with your hand?" Hyunjin pulled up the cardigan long sleeves and it revealed her swollen hands up to the arms.
"What is this?!" He shouted to her, pained to see those black and blue spots on Hyuna.

"..." she just lifelessly stood there, crying.

"Hyunjin, you-" Seungmin tapped on his shoulder but Hyunjin pushed him.

"Hyuna, let's go." Hyunjin pulled her along as he walked away.

"Yah! Hwang Hyunjin!" Seungmin wanted to run after them but Han held him back.

"Don't torture him more. You will make it harder for Hyuna." Han said.

-

Hyunjin's room,

"Hyunjin aa, I am sorry. It was-" Hyuna held onto his hand, eyes closed and face facing the floor.

They were standing by the door and Hyunjin was still in school uniform with his tie loosely tied around the collar, looking so distressed.

"Was what?" Hyunjin cut her off.
"You are always like that. I told you Kang Hyuna, don't do it don't do it. More than Ji Hyun, you are crazy. Was it that hard to listen? If you didn't do something so stupid like that, non of this would happen. Look at yourself, how much pain are you in right now?"
"You Hyuna- You proved me that I am so useless as your boyfriend."
"You know what? Stop this, just go to sleep." He removed her hand from his and walked out the door.

"Hyunjin-"
"Don't go- I-" Hyuna's words were everywhere around the places.

"..." Hyunjin left her anyway.

Hyuna sat down right in front of the door as it was closed soon after Hyunjin left. She didn't know how to explain herself and Hyunjin wasn't really acting like himself. Therefore, Hyuna was scared that she might get on the wrong nerve and cause a disaster between them.

-

2:15 a.m.

Kitchen,

There was Hyuna sitting on the stool, staring at the plain glass in front of her. Hyunjin was nowhere to be seen, most likely to be in the guest room but Hyuna wished him to come and say that it was okay and they are fine.