Chapter 1- New Beginnings

It was quiet in Postwick. Perhaps that's why Gloria loved living there so much. Nothing ever happened there, and the days were easily predictable.

Well, most of the time.

"Gloria! Hey, Gloria, hurry up!" Hop shouted at his friend from her kitchen. He dared not peek inside to see if she was getting ready.

"I'm almost ready, Hop. Calm down." A quiet laugh followed her words.

"But we need to hurry! Lee's going to be here soon!" Hop paced restlessly outside her room. He was getting more and more impatient with each second.

"Leon can wait," Gloria told him softly, smiling to herself as she heard his gasp of shock. "Anyway, I'm done." She stepped out of her room, adjusting her pine-green hat on her head. Her skin was a pale color, and she had cropped brown hair, with the same color eyes. She was wearing a short pink dress, and a light gray coat over it. Around her shoulders was a brown leathered backpack. At her feet were green checkered socks and brown boots.

Hop frowned, looking over her outfit. "Isn't your dress too short?" It only went halfway down her thighs.

Gloria groaned. "It was the first thing I could see. Now do you want me to waste more time looking for something else to wear, or do you want to go see Leon?"

"Go see Lee," he answered immediately.

"Okay, then. Let's go!" The brunette broke off into a run without any hesitation. She rushed past him to beat her friend outside.

"Hey, that's not fair!" Hop chased after her, listening to her laugh the whole way out the door. He eventually did manage to catch up to her, but she was outside already. His Wooloo ran to greet him from his spot outdoors. Hop ran a hand through his Wooloo's wool.

"You're so slow," Gloria teased, moving her hands behind her head.

"That's because you always cheat!" Hop stomped towards Gloria.

"Aw, cheer up." She poked his head. "Someday, you'll manage to beat me. So until then, just keep doing your best, alright?"

"Fine." Hop sighed. He jogged to the edge of the lawn and stepped down the steps before turning back to Gloria. "You coming?"

"Yeah," Gloria followed him more slowly, walking past her mom's garden and the Budew that thrived near it.

"Seeing you with that bag, Gloria, and it looks like it could just pull over!" Hop joked as he waited for her to join him. "At least it's so big that we know it can hold a Snorlax if you so chose." Gloria reached him finally and punched his arm lightly. Hop laughed. "Okay, I'll stop."

Thump.

"What was—" Gloria looked past Hop, seeing a different Wooloo curl up into a ball before rolling down a slight decline and into a gate door. The door shook each time the Wooloo hit it.

"What's Wooloo doing all the way over here?" Hop watched it roll into the gate several more times. "Crazy Wooloo, you can't go through that gate."

The Wooloo glanced at him. "Loo-oo-oo?" Then it continued its job as if Hop hadn't said a single word to it.

"Uh, Hop? Aren't you forgetting something?" Gloria whispered in his ear, causing the purple-haired boy to start.

"What?" He looked at Gloria. Then his eyes widened. "Oh, yeah! Lee's probably already at my house, so I'll race you there!" He ran down the path in the direction of his home. His Wooloo curled up and rolled after him.

Gloria rolled her eyes, watching him run. If she truly felt like it, she could easily catch up to him and even beat him to his destination. As it was though, she wasn't really in the mood to run a whole lot. It was early evening, and she just didn't feel like running a bunch. She had spent a majority of the previous night and this day chatting with her other friend. She was currently living in Kanto, but they still kept in touch quite often.