Chapter 5- Wild Area

"Sob! Sobble!"

"Huh? What is it, Brook?" A brown-haired boy turned his head and glanced down at his partners. They all seemed a bit nervous about something. But what?

Slowly, he turned around, half expecting a Bewear or Machamp to be looming over him. Instead, he found nothing except for some dark clouds up in the sky. It's nothing at all. Why were you all so—

A raindrop fell on his head. Then another.

Here he was, alone in the middle of the night, while it was beginning to rain. He glanced down at his Rotom phone, wishing for half a second that he hadn't taken Professor Magnolia's crazy task of completing the Pokédex. He sighed.

"Alright, let's set up camp right here!" he announced to his Pokémon and threw his large bag down onto the grassy ground. He quickly rummaged through it, wanting to find his tent before the rain got any worse.

With a quiet "aha!" he managed to find the hidden object and pulled it out.

"Dottler, give me some light! Growlithe, Yamper, you help me set up the tent!" Two young canines ran to their Trainer to help him in setting up his rather large tent. Meanwhile, a bright orange insect, large and strangely shaped, lit up indigo spots along its back. They gave off a blue light that helped its Trainer see what needed to be done.

The rain was really starting to pick up now, and Brook, along with a Vulpix, was starting to get anxious.

"Sob," Brook complained, pacing near his Trainer.

His Trainer ignored his cry and directed his question to his orange bug. "Dottler, is this storm going to be bad?"

A few moments passed, and then he heard- no, felt- a faint "Yes. I'm sensing lightning in this one. Strong winds, too. It's not going to be a good night in the slightest."

"Alright, thanks." The boy lifted up his tent, nearly finished. His red sweatshirt was soaked to his skin, making this whole ordeal even worse.

"It's going to be going on all night at least."

The Trainer nodded, still focusing on building his tent. "This is going to mean trouble for the train. . ." he muttered to no one in particular. Twice a day, the train would come by here from Wedgehurst, and right now seemed to be when it would arrive.

Finally he stepped back, satisfied with how anchored his tent was to the ground; the increasing winds had threatened to lift it up into the air more than once as he was making it. Quickly he unzipped the mesh covering and threw his big bag in. His Pokémon rushed in after.

The boy glanced back at his Dottler and ran to it. "Thank you, Dottler. Return." The Bug- Psychic-Type disappeared as he was pulled into his Poké Ball.

The boy breathed a sigh of relief and turned to go into his tent to escape the torrent of rain. Instead, his ears picked up a strange noise.

"Jolt!" Right! Different Pokémon appear as the weather changes!

His promise to the Professor echoed in his mind, and he hurried to his tent, where his Pokémon were. "I'll be back soon!" he shouted, barely able to hear himself over the rain. Then he started running in another direction.

Lighting flashed overhead as the boy had his flashlight and phone out, searching for any sign of a new Pokémon. His phone screen flashed with information.

"Oh, a Grubbin!" The boy threw an Ultra Ball where he had seen the green Pokémon. He picked up the Ball and stuffed it into his pants pocket, searching for another rare Pokémon.