Chapter 4- Endorsement . . . ?

Rookidee, the Tiny Bird Pokémon
Type: Flying
"It will bravely challenge any opponent, no matter how powerful. This Pokémon benefits from every battle—even a defeat increases its strength a bit. Jumping nimbly about, this small-bodied Pokémon takes advantage of even the slightest opportunity to disorient larger opponents."

—————
Level: 6
Gender: Male
"Bold" nature

Gloria looked at her newest addition to her party, a Rookidee. He stayed near Tuff, keeping silent as he glared at his Trainer with red eyes.

"Listen, I know you're probably pretty annoyed at me," Gloria said to him, kneeling down to look at him better. "How about you and I just try to get along though, alright?"

Rookidee picked through some feathers on the underside of his wing, paying her no attention.

"Valiant?" Gloria bit her lip as she said his new name. The Rookidee froze and glanced at Gloria for a second. "You like that name, don't you?" Gloria smiled.

"Dee," Valiant scoffed, turning his head away. However, Gloria could still notice the small bit of pride on his face at his new name.

"Valiant it is, then!" Gloria grinned, looking at her Team, already half-full.

"Hey, Gloria!" Hop bounded towards his friend. Gloria quickly returned Penny and Valiant, wanting to keep her Team a secret until she had to fight Hop.

"Hi, Hop." She turned around to look at him, putting her two Poké Balls into her pocket. Tuff glanced at Hop, a slightly-annoyed expression on her face. She went back to Gloria, her front paws crossed.

Hop frowned slightly. "Is Tuff alright?"

"Yeah, she's fine." I think. "Anyway, ready to continue on our journey?"

"Yep!" Hop threw his fist into the air. "I've got my Pokédex, and a new partner!"

"Nice!" Gloria smiled at him and Nori. The grass monkey eyed Tuff warily, clutching his new stick tightly.

"So, did you catch any new Pokémon?" Hop walked to Gloria.

"I've caught a couple," she replied, pulling out her two Poké Balls. "But I'm not going to tell you what they are until we battle next."

Hop pretended to be annoyed. "Aw, fine." He sighed, only to jump out of his skin as a hand clasped down onto his shoulder.

"Hello, you two!" Leon's booming voice startled Gloria.

"H-hi, Lee. . ." Hop muttered, recovering from his shock. Gloria laughed softly and patted his back.

"So, now it's time for me to show you how to catch a Pokémon!" Leon brought out a Poké Ball.

"No thanks." Gloria held up her own two for him to see. "I've already got that part down."

Leon blinked, not sure what to do or say. "Oh," was the only word that escaped his mouth. He cleared his throat. "Well, then I guess I'll leave, since you both don't need me around." He transferred his weight to one foot, then the other, uncomfortable.

"I didn't mean it like that," Gloria told him, starting to feel a bit bad.

"It's fine." Leon coughed. "Um, here, a gift from my soon-to-be girlfriend." He handed them each a few dozen Poké Balls. "For your journey."

"Thanks. . ." Gloria put them into her bag, not sure how she was able to fit so much into it. Maybe it's bigger on the inside. . . She smiled to herself. Time Lord magic.