Chapter 9- Fourth-Time Impressions

I think it's about time that Gloria finally (officially) meets Bede.

Also, who else agrees that Bede's battle theme is amazing??

•••

Gloria woke up to the light of the sun coming through her tent and shining in her face. She groaned and rubbed her eyes, wanting to return to her slumber once more. She closed her eyes once more. . .

"Rook!" Almost immediately, she heard a chirp and felt Valiant's hard beak as he pecked her face.

"Valiant!" Gloria whined, swatting the air to try to push the avian away. However, he dodged her blows effortlessly and landed on her forehead, tapping her several times with his talons.

"What?" Gloria growled, finally looking at him. He blinked and pointed to Tuff with his wing. Oh, yeah, she immediately thought, panicking. She sat up and looked at Tuff, finding her asleep, but still looked to be in pain. At least the curry from the night before seemed to help her feel a bit better.

Wordlessly, Gloria picked up her sleeping starter and opened up her tent, noticing that the fire had completely gone out and was now nothing more than a thin trail of smoke. I probably should've put out the fire before sleeping. She set Tuff down gently onto a thick pile of leaves before turning back to Valiant. "Let's pack up the tent quickly, and bring Tuff over to Turffield. There should be a Pokémon Center there to help heal her up," she told him. He simply nodded and darted back inside to carry out the objects he could lift. Gloria grabbed the things he couldn't carry, such as her bag.

In only about three minutes, the tent was emptied, and now came the struggle of disassembling it.

She started by taking out the metal poles from the tent canvas, placing them into her bag. Then she tried folding her tent up neatly, only to give up almost immediately and shoved it back into her bag, not caring if it tore or not.

"Okay, let's go." She gently lifted up Tuff into her arms, frowning as the rabbit whimpered softly from her injuries. She placed her finger carefully to where Tuff's heart was, feeling a quick heartbeat. We have to hurry. With a silent nod to Valiant, Gloria hurried past the rest of Route 3, making sure not to hurt Tuff any more. Valiant flew right beside her, watching Tuff anxiously.

Up ahead, she could see the entrance to the Galar Mines, and ran in without another thought.

The stone walls were illuminated by multi-colored crystals embedded in the walls, giving the cave system a calm and peaceful feeling. If Gloria wasn't so worried about Tuff, she might have stopped to admire the beauty and serenity of the area.

"Roly?" She turned her head around, seeing a small Pokémon rolling towards her. It was light gray, with a single orange eye in the middle of its head. "Coly?"

"Not now," Gloria told it, watching as Valiant flew down and narrowed his eyes at the strange rock Pokémon.

"Rolycoly!" It cried out and turned to escape. It fled into a small hole in the wall.

"Come on," Gloria said, nodding to Valiant so that he would continue traveling with her. Together, she and him went, following old mine cart tracks on the ground. At times, the glittering crystals were gone, and Valiant had to stay on her shoulder as Gloria pressed along the walls of the cave in order to navigate the dark portions.

There were a few times in the pitch-black areas that she thought about sending Penny out to help, as Dark-Types were able to see in the dark. However, she also knew that Penny would do nothing but cause more trouble and mischief in the darkness.

After what seemed like hours of traversing the uneven ground, she finally saw light coming from a chamber up ahead. We're almost there! She quickened her pace, only to come to a halt as she heard another person's voice from inside.