Chapter 14- Egg

Gloria followed Victor away from Hulbury Stadium and towards where the Pokémon Center was located. The Hulbury restaurant was close by, and there was still a large crowd of people surrounding the building.

"You should go and get your Pokémon healed up," Victor suggested. "I'll head on into the restaurant. When you're done, come on in; Chairman Rose wanted to talk to you."

Gloria nodded. "Alright. Thanks, Victor." He smiled and patted her shoulder before heading towards the restaurant. He pushed past the group and muttered something to the guard in the front, and then went inside.

The younger brunette turned towards the Center and opened the door. Almost immediately she was met with Hop's golden eyes as he turned to face her. His gaze brightened almost immediately.

"Gloria!" He shouted and grinned as his friend walked closer to him. Across the table from him, Marnie shot her head up, rubbing her eyes.

"Did ya really have ta yell?" She muttered, yawning. "Ya woke me up."

Hop glanced at her, embarrassed. "Sorry, Mar." He looked back to Gloria. "So? How'd it go? Did you win? You have to have won, right?"

Gloria smiled a tiny bit and walked up to the counter of the Pokémon Center. She handed the nurse Valiant and Penny's Poké Balls and went back to Hop and Marnie. "So," she plopped herself down next to Marnie in the booth. Marnie shifted and put her head on Gloria's shoulder, falling asleep again almost instantly. "It was tough, but. . ." Gloria pulled out her Water Badge and placed it onto the table, followed by her Grass Badge and the Gym Ring.

Hop blinked for a second. "Yeah! You did it! See, all that training we did really payed off, didn't it?" He grinned, Gloria matching his expression.

Marnie growled quietly. "Oi, can't the two of ya shut up? I'm tryna sleep. . ." She trailed off as she noticed both of her friends looking at her, surprised and confused. Her eyes widened. "I-I'm so sorry I said that. . ! I just. . . I didn't get much sleep last night, y'know?" Her face reddened as Hop and Gloria continued to watch her.

"I. . . Cinnamon decided ta run out last night, and I had ta chase her, and then there was Team Yell that had found me. . ." She began to shrink back from the pressure. "I know I didn't have a good night, but that's still no excuse ta snap at ya both like I did."

Hop and Gloria shared a glance at each other. "You don't need to apologize all the time," Hop said gently. "You did nothing wrong." He laughed quietly. "Honestly I get annoyed easily when I haven't had much sleep, so I totally understand. If anything, I should be the one apologizing for shouting." He looked back to Gloria, his enthusiasm returning. "So, you won against Nessa. I guess that means you're off to face Kabu, aren't you?" He placed her two Gym Badges into the ring with tiny magnets that were imbedded in the sides.

Gloria nodded. "Yep!" She wasn't the least bit worried anymore about her upcoming battle; after all, she had defeated Milo and Nessa, the latter with only two Pokémon. She took back her Gym Badges and turned her head as the Center's healing bells rang. "I'll be right back. Val and Penny are healed up."

She left them both and walked to the front counter, Nurse Joy greeting her with a smile.

"Here are your two Pokémon, all healed up!" The nurse beamed. "Although, I would advise you to take it easy with your Corvisquire; his leg isn't completely healed. But other than that, they're both happy and healthy!"

"Thank you," Gloria told her, placing their Poké Balls into her cardigan pocket. She was about to return to her friends when Nurse Joy stopped her.

"Hold on a second. . ." She left and returned a few seconds later, holding Gloria's Egg Incubator in her hands. "Your friends asked me to check your Egg while you were fighting Nessa. And I'm pleased to say that it's healthy, and nearly close to hatching."