Chapter 7- Gym Leaders

Note: In the last chapter, I realized that I may have confused some people with the whole scene of Gloria getting her Gym Uniform. Basically, all of the Gyms have two locker rooms, one for the girls and one for the boys. The room for the boys was used for giving out the Gym Uniforms, and both boys and girls were in it for their uniforms. However, there were personal dressing rooms and adults there too, and there was only a small group of challengers allowed in the locker rooms at a time, so it wasn't really that weird.

I apologize to those who took this the wrong way.

Also, I still can't write. Sorrryy.

•°•°•

"Brook, use Water Gun!"

The Sobble charged up a powerful blast of water before releasing it and hitting Tuff. She staggered, her fur soaked.

"Tuff!" Gloria shouted, worried for her partner. Tuff stood back up, shaking off the water from her pelt, before running up to Brook and leaping up into the air. And then, she kicked his face multiple times before landing back onto the ground.

"Wow," Victor commented, looking at Tuff, then at Gloria. "Looks like she learned Double Kick."

"Really?" Gloria smiled and looked down at her partner. "Great job, Tuff!"

The Scorbunny grinned, rubbing her rose proudly. "Bun!"

Victor laughed quietly, reminding his opponents of the battle still underway. "Let's show them that we can't be taken down that easily— Water Pulse!"

"What?" Gloria blinked as an even more powerful stream of water shot from Brook's hands, hitting Tuff with such pressure and intensity that she was thrown back, hitting Gloria and knocking her down onto the ground. Tuff was knocked out immediately from the impact.

"I'm sorry!" Victor rushed over to Gloria. "I didn't mean to have her hit you!"

"It's. . . It's fine." Gloria sighed and stood back up, holding Tuff in her arms. "It seems like we still have a lot to learn if we want to challenge the Gyms in a few days."

Victor nodded. "But you were both strong enough to take down my Dottler and Electrike in only a few hits. Plus, you managed to get a few decent hits on Brook, too. That's pretty impressive, if you ask me." He grinned at the girl, causing her to look away quickly.

"I guess. . ." Gloria muttered. I don't understand why Hop doesn't like him. He's nice and. . . "Thanks for asking me to train with you," she said, finally glancing back at him.

"No, thank you for saying yes." He flashed his smile and laughed softly. "I just wanted to train with someone, and I'm thankful that you agreed to help."

Gloria nodded, shuffling her feet. "Me too. I would've asked Hop or Marnie, but they were both gone by the time I woke up this morning."

"Mhm." Victor gazed out over the landscape around them. He glanced back at Gloria before starting to walk. He motioned for Gloria to follow as Brook climbed up to his shoulder.

"So, Gloria, have you heard of the Legend of the Sword and Shield?" He asked as she joined him.

Gloria shook her head. "I've heard of it, but I don't really know what it is."

Victor nodded and led her to a statue of a man. The man had a shield in his hand and a sword held above his head. "There's another story that goes along with the Sword and Shield legend, and it's called the Darkest Day." Gloria nodded slowly, letting him continue.

"The story goes that, thousands of years ago, there was a Pokémon named Eternatus. Eternatus was a very powerful Pokémon, even more so than a Mega Rayquaza."