Chapter 10- Rolling Sheep

I am so, so sorry for the long wait! One thing led to another, and this chapter got deleted last week right before I was going to publish it. So then I started working to rewrite it, but I got the original chapter back.

Ugh. It's been a tough week.

But anyway this chapter is actually a mix of the two different versions of the chapter. If it doesn't make complete sense, that's probably why.

Gloria sighed as she stepped out of the Pokémon Center the next day. Tuff walked beside her, her nose twitching at the warm air all around.

"Hey Tuff," Gloria began, walking around Turffield for something to do; apparently her Gym Challenge with Milo was two days away. If I had arrived here sooner I would be able to challenge him already. But as it was, Turffield was full of Trainers, and the Pokémon Center already had to resort to having Trainers share rooms for a few nights. Luckily Gloria's room was on the bottom of the list, so she didn't have anyone to share her room. . . yet.

"Scor?" Tuff lifted her head and blinked at Gloria.

"What do you think Milo's Gym is going to be like?" She hoped it wasn't hard; she didn't want her first Gym Challenge to end in a failure.

Tuff looked at her confused, before smirking slightly. "Bun," she replied smugly, crossing her arms. She didn't look the least bit nervous about the upcoming battle. In fact, she seemed pretty confident.

That confidence is going to be what costs us the Gym Badge Gloria wanted to say, but kept her mouth shut. After all, a bit of confidence was a good thing, as long as it didn't overtake your emotions and thoughts. She sighed and took out her phone, only now noticing the missed calls and texts she got from Hop the night before. With the color drained from her face, she slowly read the messages.

Hoppy: hey glo r u ok. . . ?

Hoppy: have u made it 2 turffield yet

Hoppy: is tough still hurt

Hoppy: tuff*

Hoppy: sorry, autocorrect

Hoppy: hello?

Gloria bit her lip and glanced at her Scorbunny, worry on her face. She said nothing and started walking down towards Route 4, her gaze locked downwards as she typed a reply to her friend.

You: Yes, I'm fine. Sorry for not messaging you earlier.

She read over what she sent a few times over, thinking that her reply was pretty vague.

You: I'll call you and explain. Is that okay?

A few moments passed and she saw that he was typing a reply.

Hoppy: sure

Gloria sighed quietly in relief, but worry was still present in her as she pulled up Hop's number and tapped the "call" button. She held the device up to her ear, walking down the grassy path of Route 4, Tuff trailing behind her. She closed her eyes as she waited for Hop to pick up his phone and answer her.

"Look out!" Someone tried to warn, but it was too late. Gloria whirled around, only to be tripped and pushed to the ground as a Wooloo ran right into her.

Gloria crashed backwards into the brick wall behind her, her phone falling from her hand. She groaned and looked down at the ball of floof in between her legs.

"Loooo?" The Wooloo asked, tilting its head and blinking its eyes.

"I'm so sorry 'bout that, Lass." She looked up, only to see a young man standing and holding his arm down to her. At first glance, he looked like the kind of person to be able to send someone flying towards a wall in one hit. However, as she saw his face, she knew immediately that he was anything but mean. Soft emerald eyes looked at her worriedly from behind a sheet of light red hair, partially hidden underneath a large straw hat.