Special Chapter 2- Kabu

Many years ago. . .

🔥🔥🔥

To Kabu Akagi,
We have become aware of your role as part-time Gym Leader in Lavaridge Town, Hoenn. Your serious battle style and win-streak is known throughout the globe.

We are unfortunately one Leader short of the necessary eight Gym Leaders for this year's Gym Challenge, since Fire Leader Aiden retired before training a successor.

We have noticed that you have not been Gym Leader for long, though your skills already match that of a professional Trainer. We humbly ask that you consider this proposition, as not only are your skills fancied, but your young age could make you a Gym Leader for many years to come. 

Please respond back in a time period of up to fourteen (14) days, or two (2) weeks to secure your spot as Galar's next Fire-Type Gym Leader.

We hope to see you soon,
Wyndon Gym Challenge Council

"Growl?" A Growlithe barked, tilting his head at his Trainer and the letter in his hands.

"Please tell me you're not actually going to go." His younger sister told him, a frown on her face. "You can't possibly be considering leaving us and going off to Galar!"

The young man sighed and set the letter down, looking at his sister. "Flana, calm down. The letter only just arrived. And besides, I still have about 10 days to think about it."

"But the Gym! Who's going to take care of it when you leave?!" The russet-haired girl shouted at him, immediately making him yell back at her.

"Flannery! I never said I was actually going to leave! I still have a while to think about whether I accept the invitation or not." Her brother sighed and rubbed his forehead with his hand. "And even if I were to go, it won't really matter much, since Grandpa takes care of the battles every other day. I'm still not a full-time Gym Leader here yet."

"But. . ." Flannery crossed her arms. "But Grandpa's getting old, and he can't take care of the Gym for much longer; that's why you're helping him in the first place! Why can't you ever understand, Kabu?!"

Kabu growled, shoving the letter towards her. "Fine. If you have such a problem with everything, why don't you take the invitation and go to Galar in my place?"

"Why can't we just ignore it?! Tell them it got lost in the mail or something. We don't have to do anything about the invitation!" She groaned. "You stay at the Gym, I stay here in Lavaridge, they find another person as Gym Leader. It's a win-win-win!"

Her black-haired brother sighed. "That's not how it works. Their Gym Challenge is a huge deal— you've seen their matches on tv before. It starts in a few months, and I'm really the only person who is qualified enough to take the spot."

Flannery blinked. "Are you serious?! Kabu," she closed the distance between them and stared up at her brother. "You already sound like you've made up your mind. And besides, what about the Gym. What'll happen to Lavaridge Gym, or have you forgotten about that?"

"First, I have yet to fully decide on this offer. And second, Grandpa can find someone to train, like how he trained me. It won't be that hard to find someone."