Chapter 26 - Ava

I head into the bathroom to brush my teeth first. Then I head over to the other room that Tristan referenced that has my stuff in boxes. I open the door and everything is nicely labeled.

Geeze. Whoever packed me up did a way better job than I did when I left my parent's house.

I easily find the boxes with some of my clothes and I start going through them.

We're going to a club so I need to dress up a little.

I totally shouldn't be going to a club right now, but, honestly, it's going to be nice to get out and try to let loose. And I'll get to see Maggie.

I find a pair of tight, faded jeans and a black top that shows off my some cleavage. I head back to my room and finish getting ready.

Clothes. Makeup. Hair.

Now, shoes...

I head back over to my stuff to find my sparkly black pumps that make me 6'2 and grab one of my black clutches. I'm not looking to meet anyone tonight, so I don't mind adding the height. I find the box that says PERSONAL on it and find my backpack in it, along with my passport, and all of my cash that I stashed in an envelope. It's not much, since I keep most of my money in the bank, but I always try to have some cash on me.

I head back to my room and check myself in the mirror one last time, grab my fancy new phone, my ID, one credit card, all of my cash, dump that in the clutch, and head out into the main area.

Everything's so quiet. It's kinda nice.

The fancy fireplace is lit in the living room and there are a few scented candles on, on the island and dining table.

I guess I could get used to living here. I always thought places this huge feel cold and lonely, but it's actually not. It's just more open and elegant. The heavy drapes are open to show off the skyline. I'd totally go outside onto the balcony, but I'm afraid my hair will get messed up from the wind so I sit back to enjoy the view from the inside.

I get up and walk to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. It's been about an hour and I'm suddenly getting anxious waiting for Gabe. He better not take too long. I haven't texted Tristan yet, and I don't want to. He probably still thinks I'm sleeping, which is good. I need a break from all of this male testosterone around me.

These guys seriously need to rethink their mindset of "only males" fighting. Sexist bastards. I hear the elevator ping and I hold my breath, waiting to see who rounds the corner.

Gabe appears.

Phew.

He's wearing a dark blue dress shirt with his collar open by his neck and gray jeans. As he gets closer, his cologne invades my nose. He smells VERY good. Maggie is going to melt when she sees him.

"Ready?" He asks as I stand up straight having been leaning on the counter, anxious of getting out of this place. I round the island and I notice Gabe looks me up and down.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing. You look good." He smirks at me. I look down at myself. I'm surprised he doesn't comment at my height. That's usually the first thing I get dinged for, but since I'm still a head shorter than Gabe, I guess he doesn't he even notice.

"Well, thanks. So do you." I smile at him.

We start toward the elevator.

"Have you talked to Tristan?" Gabe asks. I look down and shake my head. "Great. So, he doesn't know you're leaving with me?" I look back at him and shake my head, again. I give a smile, innocently. "You want me to get my ass kicked, don't you?" I start to shake my head again, and then laugh and start to nod. I won't hurt his ego too bad by referencing I had already kicked his ass and am not afraid to do it again, since I need him to get me out of this place. "I'm going to text Bran and let him know what's happening. He'll at least ease the blow." He pauses. "I hope."