Chapter 17 - Ava

I open my eyes slowly to a scene I never imagined I would ever be waking up to. Lake Michigan and Chicago's skyline at sunrise. I don't move, rather, I become aware of where I'm at and whom I'm with.

Tristan.

Tristan.

A real life angel.

And apparently, I'm a half-breed angel?

Tristan's arm is tightly wrapped around my bare stomach and I feel his morning wood against my thigh. This gets me to smile to myself, even though I feel sore in all the right places.

Last night was one of the greatest nights of my life. I never thought I could feel like that with a guy, but Tristan made me realize what I've been missing out on. I shift slightly and feel Tristan tighten is arm around me and moan. I never had this with Damien. Even after 4 long years of being together, it was never like this. I hate comparing Tristan to that dog, but I can't help it. It's all I ever knew AND it's still so fresh.

I can't help but think about the details of what went down. Tristan is, by far, the hottest guy I have ever met or been with, for that matter. He's literally, every woman's dream. Tall, tan skin, muscular...holy muscular. I don't know how often he works out, but his body is oh my gosh. There has to be no fat on the guy. And he lifted with me so much ease. I remember Damien trying to lift me up once and his arms started shaking. I'm not fat, but I'm definitely not skinny either. And with all of the training I do, I'm a little more muscular than the average college girl, I think. But with Tristan, I felt light as a feather. Hah....feather.

Every moment last night was perfect. We were so in sync with each other. Surprisingly, I didn't feel the least bit embarrassed. About anything. From grabbing him to kiss me to him kissing and touching me, grabbing me, fucking me, then slowing down...I close my eyes and feel myself getting wet again. My gosh. I barely know him, but he now knows my body better than any guy. I felt so comfortable with Tristan. It's hard to think I had just met him.

I go back to thinking about what Tristan looked like naked. Thrusting above me. Again, I'm in awe of how much both of us seemed to let loose. But then, now I wonder how many other women he's been with. This causes my stomach to churn a bit. I gotta stop thinking like that. I knew what I was doing when I let him kiss me. I'm an adult and I made a decision, even though I can't help but feel like somewhat of a slut for hooking up with someone new so quick. This isn't like me at all, but then again, this felt right.

Amazingly right.

I just can't believe everything else that also happened.

I continue to stare out at the lake where the sun's slowly rising.

I take a deep breath.

I'm a half-breed angel. My mother had an affair? My dad's not really my dad. I need to transform...or do I? I don't turn 25 for another 4 years. Maybe I can hold off on transforming until I get all of my stuff in order. Finish school? What about my jobs? What about my future? There are so many unknowns. Tristan and I definitely need to finish talking.

I blink a few times and breath deep a few times to calm myself down.

Everything will be ok. It has to be. I've made it this far. And now, after meeting Tristan...and everything I've learned. It's a lot to process, but after last night, I feel amazingly relaxed and ready to take on whatever today has to throw my way.

"Hm, baby." Tristan groans against my ear in his sexy accented voice, which gets me to smile at the pet name. I didn't think a macho guy like him would use pet names, but I guess we're proving each other wrong consistently.