Chapter 24 - Tristan

Her apology was not what I was expecting when she came out of that room. I was ready for a fight. How can someone as young as her be so mature? I'm having difficulty keeping calm and yet she's held her composure better than me, and I'm supposed to be the advanced species.

This is turning me on even more. Beautiful, smart, and, now, reasonable. I want to give her an apology back, but it feels awkward. I never apologize to begin with, but she made a point that I'm acting a bit too controlling when it comes to her. I know this, but I seem to have a problem controlling that impulse when it comes to her.

"Thank you for your apology and I, too, am...ahem...sorry... for acting too aggressively towards you." I can see her features relax a bit. I feel tension release from my body as well, which I hadn't even realized it was there.

She smiles shyly, which is my cue that I made the right move.

"All of this has been a bit overwhelming, and I guess I wasn't expecting everything to be moving so quickly. I understand everything you explained and I actually agree with you. I see why you've already started transitioning me, but it's just a lot for me." She looks down and I can see that she's embarrassed by the admission. This gets me to soften even more for her.

"Ava, I had not realized that that's how you feel. I guess that's my fault for not acknowledging that you may be a bit more sensitive, being a female, and I understand that now. I will try my best to consider that before doing anything further." She looks back up and narrows her eyes.

Shit.

Did I say something wrong?"

"I'm being more sensitive, because I'm a female? Seriously?" Her eyes widen and there goes the calm, collected Ava.

Fuck.

Why'd I have to open my mouth?

I open my mouth hoping something will come out and save me, but then it closes. She's no longer looking at me and just shaking her head.

"A-" But before I can say her name, attempting to apologize, she's grabbed me by my shirt, and has me slammed up against the door.

My core heats up and a thin layer of fire covers my entire body.

"Ava! Let go!" I yell, fearing that I'll burn her, but instead of letting go, her eyes begin to glow red and instead of being lit on fire, her touch is mingling with the flame on my skin.

"Never. Think. That. I. Am. Weak." She states through clenched teeth. I don't even think she realizes what's happening. She finally lets me go, turns around, and has her hands clenched at her sides.

I'm still in shock, but I've regained control of my fire and it's gone now.

"Ava." I try to touch her shoulder, and she smacks my hand away, but when she does, she collapses.

"Ava!"

***Please don't forget to comment or like the chapter!!! I'd really appreciate it! ***