Chapter 9 - Ava

I agree to his little bargain, because the sooner I kick his ass, the sooner I can get the hell away from here and it wouldn't be so bad getting to be a little physically closer to him. I'm such a creep, but hey, I guess I can make the best of a shitty situation.

Tristan.

I like the way it sounds. Not to mention he also looks like a gorgeous male model, but way more built, which I'm speculating that it's all muscle under all of that black clothing. I watch him as he shrugs out of his long black leather jacket and tosses it to the side with a heavy thump. Makes me wonder what he's packing.

Yup. All muscle. I feel my eyes widen as I take in his physique. It's also freaking cold outside, but the cold wind doesn't seem to bother him.

C'mon Ava, stop it. It's just another opponent. He turns back to me as I gulp. I probably look like one of those girls gawking at a hot guy with my tongue hanging out, but thankfully, I feel my mouth is closed. His jetblack hair is styled up in what looks like a flowhawk. That's interesting for someone that carries the aura that indicates he'll slaughter anyone or anything if he pleases.

"Well?" He asks in that weird accent. That very sexy, weird accent. Again, I feel myself getting wet. Ugh. Stupid hormones. I take a few breaths and notice he's watching me very intently with a grin suddenly on his face.

Oh no.

"Please tell me you did not just read my mind." I squeak realizing too late what I was just thinking. He chuckles, which is a deep pleasant sound and shakes his head.

"I read it only when it suits me." I start thinking about horses randomly, which causes him to laugh even more.

"Oh gosh, ok." I shake off the thought of him having heard my dirty thoughts and focus on what I have to do. "No cheating. No reading my mind to anticipate my moves." I get a nod and grin at the same time. I get a little closer to him and get into my fighting stance. I've done this plenty of times with my instructor. I am not afraid of hand-to-hand. I observe that he hasn't moved from his position of standing relaxed.

He's so sure of himself.

Ok, fine. Let's see what you can do, Mr. Cocky. 

***Please don't forget to comment or like the chapter!!! I'd really appreciate it! ***