Chapter 8 - Tristan

I can not believe it.

A female half-breed.

A very attractive and skilled female half-breed.

In my 3,500 years or so of living on this planet, I have never heard of, let alone met a female half-breed. I had not expected tonight to have gone this route.

A female half-breed.

My sleep command should have worked, but it didn't. And her powers are stronger than any half-breed I've dealt with, which has led me to following her instead of sending someone else from the team. And, now, here I am, standing in front of her, staring at her, waiting for her to either attempt to run me over or reverse and try to drive away. I see her eyes narrow deliberating her next move.

"Don't do it." I whisper to myself. I make my wings disappear to avoid any wandering eyes and wait. Her eyes widen. This is why if a half breed is discovered that we can deal with them in a more private setting, not exposing ourselves immediately. I can see she's deliberating in her head on what she should do.

I put my hands up as a sign of peace and start toward her car. We're on a relatively empty street so I make the gesture for her to pull over in the case another car comes by. She narrows her eyes, debating on whether or not she could trust me, which I can appreciate considering what just happened.

She finally decides to take the suggestion and pulls over. I continue to stand in the street to let her believe she's in control right now. I don't want to startle her. I can see that she's moving around a bit in her car and then she finally steps out and closes the door. I stand there and continue to wait until she comes around her car.

"What do you want?" She demands. Now that there's not much chaos around us, I can see that she's definitely nothing like the female angels.

She is stunning.

"Well?" She keeps her arms at her sides, ready to attack, which makes me grin. Stunning with an interesting attitude.

"I wanted to introduce myself to you. I am Tristan. And you are?" I finally ask. She's interestingly scanning the area for threats, which causes my heart to tighten. A beautiful girl like herself should not have to do that, but considering what she is, I'm impressed.

"None of your damn business. I'm leaving so don't block me again, ok?" She snaps and turns on her heel but keeps a visual on me.

"Stop, Ava." This definitely makes her stop in her tracks.

"How...how did you know that?" She stays where she is, but I can sense her heart rate is increased and she's scared.

"I read your mind." I watch her very intently to gauge her reaction. She may not know it yet, but she's coming back with me to our compound. She can't be on her own a second more. Not after seeing all of us AND fighting like she did. She'll have an even bigger target on her head than before. I can't believe she's survived this long. She looks to be in her early 20s, but I could be wrong.

"So what am I thinking now?" She asks defiantly, which, again, makes me grin. I typically don't tolerate sass or attitude from anybody. It's annoying. But with Ava, it's doing something completely different to me.

I laugh.

I actually laugh, which is a weird sound to me.

"You are thinking about kneeing me in the groin so you can enjoy watching me fall to the ground. You are not afraid of me? To fight me?" I am definitely intrigued by her. Typically, half-breeds are scared and very compliant, but I've only dealt with male half-breeds. This gets me a slight smile which makes my heart ache?

This definitely has never happened to me before. No matter how many women or females I've been with, none of them have ever had this effect on me. Especially from a simple smile.

"Am I supposed to be?"

"Ok, tough one. How about we make a deal?" I can't help, but smile at her confidence.

"What kind of deal?" I can tell she's beginning to let her guard down.

"We fight. 3 hits. If you win, I will step out of your way and you may go to wherever you were headed. If I win, you will listen to what I have to say." My ultimate goal is to have her compliantly go back to the compound with me, but if she decides against it, I will have no choice but to force her.

She narrows her eyes at me and scans me from top to bottom, which causes my cock to twitch. I like her looking at my body a little too much, but wish it were for another reason.

I look away, realizing these emotions have caught me somewhat off-guard.

What is wrong with me.

"Fine." I turn back to her.

I was not expecting that. I really wasn't, but then again, I wasn't expecting to find a half-breed female angel.

***Please don't forget to comment or like the chapter!!! I'd really appreciate it! ***