Chapter 10 - Tristan

This idea of a fight is turning to be a little more difficult than I expected. My dick has a mind of its own and is itching to get out. I can't believe that this half-breed female angel has turned me on right before she's going to attack me. The moment I heard her thoughts about how wet she is, it was game over. This is the last thing that should be happening, considering the circumstances.

I can see that she's trained, but still no match for me. I watch how she positions herself, which is a huge first mistake. I stand and wait.

Just as I think she's going to smoothly go in for a punch, she catches me off guard, completely, and tackles me. I caught the change in movement too late.

She is stronger than I thought and definitely faster.

"One" She laughs triumphantly looking at me from above with a beautiful smile.

I am truly speechless.

"Are you ok?" She asks. I'm at a loss for words. For the first time in my very long life, time slows down around me and all I can see is the beauty in front of me. I reach my hand out to touch her face without even knowing what I'm doing. I can't stop myself. Her blonde braid has dropped down over her shoulder and she's positively glowing from her small victory. I grab her braid and pull it down towards my face so I can kiss her.

For a brief moment, she doesn't resist me kissing her. She actually responds and moans into my mouth, which cranks me even higher. Her hands were resting on both sides of me, but they're now touching my arms softly and then more forcefully. She pushes down onto me right where it counts and I hear myself growl.

She stops suddenly and pulls back, breathing hard. Emotions of frustration then anger pass through her face. She shoves herself up and begins walking towards her car.

Now that she's off of me, I can't believe I just did that. Never, in my life, have I acted like a damn, hormonal, young teen.

I hop up and leap into the air, forcing my wings to push me up a little further so I can gracefully land in front of her before she reaches her car.

"Where do you think you're going?"

What have I just done? Why did I kiss him? Why did he kiss me? Liar. Manipulator.

"Ava..."

"No, just stop. I'm sure you already know what's going through my head so don't bother asking. Bargain's over. You broke the rules."

"What rules?"

"Rules of engagement." This girl is just full of surprises. I can't help but do my best to hold back a smile. She's so unpredictable.

"Which are?" I ask. I am truly stunned by her responses.

"Why did you kiss me?" She asks, with emotion and I can't help but look away.

"I don't know." I honestly don't know why I kissed her. I find her attractive, but that was unexpected and inappropriate considering what her life is about to be turned into after this night. I can see she's hurt by my response.

"I need to leave." She states shakily, as if she's starting to cry?

She tries getting around me, but I can't help but worry as to why she's crying suddenly and gently grab her arm.

"Ava, please."

"Listen, I don't know who or what you are, but you seriuosly need to back the fuck off. Now. I'm not some chick you can fuck around with." I can feel her emotions are all over the place. I don't fully understand how what just happened could have impacted her that much, which leads me to assume there's something more, but there's no time for this. I need her to come back with me.

Instinct takes over and I try to send out another sleep command.

She grabs her head and squeezes her eyes shut.

"What the fuck?! Stop doing that!" I'm looking at her with disbelief. The command should have worked. Especially now that there's not as much chaos. I feel a bit of annoyance that my typical tricks aren't working.

"I'm not fucking around, Ava. I need you to hear me out."

"Tristan, I don't have time for this! I need to leave!"

Anger flares and I can feel the fire begin to simmer beneath my skin. I've never been spoken to like this before. By anyone.

Ever.

I never tolerated it. Any human or angel would be eating the ground by now with that response.

Before she can get past me, I grab her so fast and push her against her car so she's trapped. I'm angry, but this sparks her arousal even more, which makes me somewhat satisfied that I am having as much of an impact on her as she is on me.

"This is not some sick joke to me. I kissed you because I wanted to, but it was a mistake. Lapse in judgement. I do apologize for that. For overstepping the boundary. It won't happen again." I snap a bit too forcefully, but I get my point across. I can see she's angry and hurt, and just like that, her arousal fades.

Good.

I think.

"Good, now let me go." She demands. She is strong. I can see she's struggling to keep herself in check, but she's hurt. Her cheeks are flushed and her hearts racing, but she's holding herself together. I still have her pinned against the car and her luscious body is not working in my favor. My emotions are getting the best of me. I rarely lose my temper, which is why this unfamiliar territory has me floundering each step of the way. I push off of her and step back.

"I'm sorry." She looks away and starts for the driver side. I gently grab her arm. "Listen Ava, I am sorry, but I do need for you to listen to me. I don't know how to put this in another way, but your life is about to change. And - ".

"My life has never been normal so change is nothing new to me. What's going to happen?" Well, this is certainly unexpected. Her arms are crossed defensively, but I can see she's desperate for information. I can only imagine what her life has been like.

"I will tell you everything you need to know, but I'm afraid this location is too public. You will have to come with me." She stares at me, processing what I just said.

"I can't just go with you. I don't know you." She's honest. I'll give her that. And my anger and frustration somewhat heels. I feel myself slightly smile again.

"How about I show you something that will hopefully convince you that you can trust me. You may not know me, but I can show you, you can trust me." She is watching me with those bright green eyes and I can't help but feel drawn to her.

"I don't know what you're going to do, but I really don't know if I can trust you or whatever you're going to show me." I take a deep breath, close my eyes, clear my mind, and focus on the one memory that will help her see that I hold the answer to everything that she's been through. 

***Please don't forget to comment or like the chapter!!! I'd really appreciate it! ***