Chapter 5 - Ava

Oh, the wonders of college. It doesn't care about life events.

Like breakups. The show must go on! My day goes as usual. Classes and labs. The Forensic Science degree is sucking the life out of me, but I know it'll be worth it. I've always been interested in law enforcement, but the science twist on it sparked my interest even more so, so here I am, a senior, double majoring, fully loaded schedule, and looking forward to graduating in the spring.

My goal is to start out working at a local police department, then maybe climb up to the big leagues of working for the Federal Government. Just maybe, having those resources at my fingertips, I could figure out if there are more like me. And be able to get the bad guys and not get questioned for it.

I'm sitting at the cafeteria table when I spot Maggie at the cash register with her dinner. It's late, but for us college students, it's still early. Plenty of time to still eat and study.

"Ava! How are you doing?" She sets her tray beside mine and leans over to hug me.

"Eh." Is all I respond with. I'm not in the mood to hash out what happened. The on and off crying that I experienced throughout the night and in the bathroom during the day wasn't fun, but I did feel better. Crying is healthy right? "Tell me about your night to distract me, please."

"Oh my gosh!" She squeals and I can't help but laugh. "He's huge!" She states a little too loud and then laughs quietly. "I mean, Ava, we're talking porn style size!" She laughs again. I shake my head and smile. This is why I love Maggie. The bluntness is so appreciated. We probably talk worse than guys do. We're unique compared to other more reserved girls. "Oh my gosh, and I orgasmed at least 10 times. I didn't even think was possible!"

"10?" I ask, shocked. "That's hilarious!" I'm smiling at the thought of my friend getting laid by a professional.

"I mean, I didn't think it was going to come to even sleeping together, but after he escorted me back to my place, he actually wanted to stop there with a goodnight kiss, but I offered and, of course, insisted that he come up for a glass of wine. He actually hesitated, and then it was like fate helped a little. He got blasted in the face with a wind gust, and decided that maybe he'd come in for a little bit." She giggled as she continues telling me her exciting evening.

"So then, he walks into my place, which makes my place look like a damn matchbox with his size, so I went to the kitchen to get the wine, when I didn't even hear him come up behind me, he wraps his arms around me and starts kissing my neck. Ava, I swear, I felt like I was in my own version of Fifty Shades of Grey. He started kissing my neck -" She stops abruptly.

"Ava, I'm so sorry. Here I am spilling my sex life when you just broke up with your long term boyfriend. Douchebag, but, nonetheless, your boyfriend."

I shake my head.

"No, no please, continue. Seriously, I need something else to focus on and this is definitely more interesting than my classes or my love life or rather lack there of." I laugh and encourage her.

"Ok, just tell me to shutup if it's too much." She giggles and continues. "I'm telling you, I've never had anybody so sensual and aware of my body. I mean, the other guys that I've been with were a joke. I think Gabe ruined me." She looks down at her food and picks at it a little. "I didn't even think about that until now. I mean, a guy that GOOD in bed usually means he gets around. Right?"

"Not necessarily. You already know my saying."

"Take things at face value." We both say it at the same time.

"Ya ya ya. I know, but I can't help but wonder if even tonight he's with someone else? God, listen to me, he did me too good." She laughs to herself.