Chapter 4 - Ava

Forty five minutes later, the train arrives at my stop and I get off. I walk the 3 blocks and finally enter my building. I climb the old wooden stairs and enter my small, second story apartment.

It's not much, but it's my own place. I drop my bag, my jacket, my scarf, and take my shoes off. I walk over to the bedroom, towards my queen bed that takes up most of the room and plop, face down, into it.

It's amazing how much can change in just a day. I started my day off with classes, labs, lunch, more classes....study group, dinner....the failed mugging, killing a guy, meeting a guy with no evil-. Gabe! I shoot up from the bed.

I hope Maggie got his number. I really do need to speak with him. I quickly text her to see if she's out with him.

And then the finale...my breakup with my college boyfriend. Oh, and getting slapped by him too. Ugh. I fall back onto my pillow. My head begins to pound just thinking of the craziness of my day.

I have to think positive. Life is greater than just a few moments in your life. I take a deep breath. And another.

I feel my chest still hurting.

Another deep breath. And let the tears fall. I curl up into a ball and cry into my pillow. I feel so alone.

My phone dings disturbing my moment of self-pity.

Maggie: Hey! Are you ok? How did things go? I just left the bar with Gabe ;)

I can't help but smile. Gabe seemed nice and a gentleman for sure. I couldn't believe he was willing to stand up for me without even knowing me. If he's going back to her place, she'll get his number for sure.

Just got home. I'm doing ok. Wasn't easy, but it's done. Damien and I are through. We'll talk tomorrow. Enjoy your night and be safe.

I take a deep breath and roll out of bed. First step in recovering from a breakup, get into comfy clothes. Two, take makeup off. Three, brush teeth. Four, make some chamomile tea to calm my nerves. Five, curl up in bed and watch some tv for distractions until I fall asleep.

Tomorrow is another day. And no matter how hard life gets, I just have to keep moving forward.

***Please don't forget to comment or like the chapter!!! I'd really appreciate it! ***